Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

QU-BD Problems

Posted by jkerr 
Re: QU-BD Problems
June 04, 2014 06:48PM
My company is in a similar situation and have been owed over $2,000 for over a year. Have you pursued legal action yet?
June 04, 2014 06:54PM
Chelsea,

Unfortunately for you and your company all your credibility has been lost. Your company owes countless people thousands of dollars yet you don't have the decency to respond to a email. Refunds must be provided immediately before legal action is taken.
June 04, 2014 07:51PM
@EddyP Please e-mail me directly at chelseat@qu-bd.com so I can look it up as I don't know what order you have as I don't know based on your username who you are. Also it is not countless people, please check the refund request thread and you can see that refunds are being fulfilled for those that ask for them and you can see the number of people that have asked, it is a handful relative to the 10's of thousands of customers that we have.

Also note that while he did not post about it here JKERR received everything that he requested. I'm sure he will pop in and confirm at some point.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2014 07:52PM by Chelsea - QU-BD.
June 05, 2014 12:27AM
So you're responding to stuff here, but not through the ticket system? Very nice. I've been trying to cancel the order I foolishly made before seeing the hole QU-BD dug themselves in for a week and all my tickets have been ignored. If you're really trying to repair your reputation then you need to step up your game, because an ignored customer will vent their frustrations EVERYWHERE, just like I've been doing. I know of at least 7 people that were going to do business with QU-BD and won't now due to my recommendations. Every day that number gets higher.
Anonymous User
June 05, 2014 01:36AM
I feel for the customers who feel riped off by qubd. I also feel for qubd. Here's what's going down:

You don't just wake up one day and decide to build a company that makes 3d printers. Generally you see a product out there, as qubd did with makerbots extrusion systems, and you see oportunity to enter the market. There are massive profit margins in the 3d printing industry for companies like makerbot, stratasys, cube, what have you. Yet, the products they put out are thoroughly vetted and have brand recognition. Customers feel comfortable paying ridiculous amounts of money for products that aren't all that complicated.

On the flip side, you have off-brand clones from China that flood the market and show a more accurate metric of the products real market value. For a company to exist in this space, it has to tow the line of both the quality that's expected from a name brand and the price expected from a clone. On top of that, they are not afforded the luxary of absorbing negative feedback as a price of doing business like the clone brands have.

The consumers who buy into qubd as a name brand need to realize that it is really the same as buying from an off shore company. They will ship a product, but there are absolutely no gaurentees for either quality or lead time. In the case of any manufacturer that bites off more than it can chew, negative reviews are simply the cost of doing business.
A2
June 05, 2014 03:47AM
goldenmongoose
I feel for the customers who feel riped off by qubd. I also feel for qubd. Here's what's going down:

You don't just wake up one day and decide to build a company that makes 3d printers. Generally you see a product out there, as qubd did with makerbots extrusion systems, and you see oportunity to enter the market. There are massive profit margins in the 3d printing industry for companies like makerbot, stratasys, cube, what have you. Yet, the products they put out are thoroughly vetted and have brand recognition. Customers feel comfortable paying ridiculous amounts of money for products that aren't all that complicated.

On the flip side, you have off-brand clones from China that flood the market and show a more accurate metric of the products real market value. For a company to exist in this space, it has to tow the line of both the quality that's expected from a name brand and the price expected from a clone. On top of that, they are not afforded the luxary of absorbing negative feedback as a price of doing business like the clone brands have.

The consumers who buy into qubd as a name brand need to realize that it is really the same as buying from an off shore company. They will ship a product, but there are absolutely no gaurentees for either quality or lead time. In the case of any manufacturer that bites off more than it can chew, negative reviews are simply the cost of doing business.

goldenmongoose
You don't just wake up one day and decide to build a company that makes 3d printers. [...]as qubd did[...]companies like makerbot, stratasys, [....], the products they put out are thoroughly vetted[...]

Read the post in this forum of how Makerbot is not meeting it's customers basic expectations: [groups.google.com].

I won't be surprised if Makerbot Replicator 5th gen defective hot end design cost them a lot of money to fix, and replace, and the lost sales from word of mouth (see link below), from what I have read Makerbot "shipped that shit". If you have corporate level experience you may have heard that saying thrown around in meetings when some one or some department screwed up, "ship that shit, meet the dead line at any cost, get that product out of my warehouse now!". Makerbot made a huge mistake with their new Gen5 hot end. In addition Makerbot made a mistake with a support arm, it's warping forcing customers who paid $2600 to buy reinforced replacement parts from Alucarriage an aftermarket manufacturer for their new printer. Is that your idea of a thoroughly vetted product?

Makerbot 5-th gen constant jams due to overheated path that filament go through.
[groups.google.com]

MakerBot Operators (Postings of what is not working with Makerbot printers)
[groups.google.com]

$2600 Makerbot 5th Generation Hot End failing
[forums.reprap.org]

Makerbot service is really S**KS! Why they DO NOT reply to everyone's request even they are using saleforce solution?
[groups.google.com]

Replicator 2X Warping Bed Fix
[groups.google.com]

Makerbot: Worst user experience and customer care ever
After paying a few grand you expect the company that sold to you to give a damn.
Not so with Makerbot.
It was a huge struggle but we eventually got our money back following purchase of MBR2x
I'm a product designer and as I explained to the customer service agent, this product needed to go back to the drawing board, not be released to the public.
[groups.google.com]

goldenmongoose
The consumers who buy into qubd as a name brand need to realize that it is really the same as buying from an off shore company.
They will ship a product, but there are absolutely no gaurentees for either quality or lead time.

Lower you expectations, really, that's your take. Come on America lower your expectations, accept the crap that some one puts in front of you and smile, and tell your friends how much you love it.

What if Makerbot/Stratasys decides to make printers in China, your ideology doesn't hold.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2014 07:03AM by A2.
June 05, 2014 08:28AM
MatterHackers has two types of filament tiers available: standard and professional. Std is from China suppliers. Pro is from US suppliers. By far the pro is tighter tolerance, better, bolder colors, stronger, and just generally better. I don't have pride in the modern American system that punishes job creators and removes the American Dream from realization, but I have pride for any Americans willing to play in that system and still deliver good products. It's a lot harder to do so now days. If I buy something made in the US I expect it to be good, if it isn't good, I expect the business to fail. I am experiencing that first hand where I work. Quality here sucks and it shows in earning less than half of our budget for the year.
If somebody is going to play in the China market, they are required to have good quality, else the cheaper China made market will do the same thing for cheaper. The US seems to be loosing pride in itself, although that's nothing new or not obvious.

Realizer- One who realizes dreams by making them a reality either by possibility or by completion. Also creating or renewing hopes of dreams.
"keep in mind, even the best printer can not print with the best filament if the user is the problem." -Ohmarinus
June 05, 2014 01:42PM
SimianSteam please e-mail me directly as I cannot use your username here to find out what ticket you have. I do not answer anything through the ticketing system as that is not my job, we have an employee that handles all that (Paula). I saw the post so I am responding to you so I can look into it for you and see why you aren't getting a response.
June 05, 2014 02:53PM
I did. Yesterday. No response.
June 06, 2014 10:17AM
Chelsea

What is your email address?

I would like to discuss a problem that I have with QU-BD.
June 06, 2014 11:59AM
Chelsea - QU-BD
@EddyP Please e-mail me directly at [email protected] so I can look it up as I don't know what order you have as I don't know based on your username who you are. Also it is not countless people, please check the refund request thread and you can see that refunds are being fulfilled for those that ask for them and you can see the number of people that have asked, it is a handful relative to the 10's of thousands of customers that we have.

Also note that while he did not post about it here JKERR received everything that he requested. I'm sure he will pop in and confirm at some point.

ntar827
Chelsea

What is your email address?

I would like to discuss a problem that I have with QU-BD.

A little bit of reading goes a long way.
June 15, 2014 01:07AM
Chelsea, I ordered a revolution XXL a week ago and still have not received a confirmation e-mail from anyone at qu-bd as to whether or not the order has been processed. Please respond to the ticket I submitted 5 days ago.
June 15, 2014 01:56AM
Update on my situation: Finally got a response from Chelsea. She promised a refund within 3-4 working days. That was a week and a half ago. Order shows as cancelled, no refund has appeared.
June 17, 2014 12:36PM
Wow,

It is astounding how many people will write a book if they have problems and no one pipes up if everything goes ok..

I ordered a OneUp and a spool of PLA on thursday and It shipped in 3 days on sunday afternoon. (these folks are working weekends). USPS shows the shipment has been processed and is moving across the states. I have also looked online and found many happy people learning and printing with a kit that cost them under 250$ total. I was not able to find that anyplace else and that was the limit of my budget for this project.

Thank you Chelsea and Team for the rapid service.
June 17, 2014 01:07PM
Wizzard
Wow,

It is astounding how many people will write a book if they have problems and no one pipes up if everything goes ok..

I ordered a OneUp and a spool of PLA on thursday and It shipped in 3 days on sunday afternoon. (these folks are working weekends). USPS shows the shipment has been processed and is moving across the states. I have also looked online and found many happy people learning and printing with a kit that cost them under 250$ total. I was not able to find that anyplace else and that was the limit of my budget for this project.

Thank you Chelsea and Team for the rapid service.

You're absolutely right, your one positive experience completely excuses the terrible experiences the rest of us have had. Hell, you probably got such a great deal because they still have my money. Congratulations!

Now you go spread your experience all over on the hope that those that listen to your and order from QU-BD will be lucky like you, and not unfortunate like the rest of us.
June 17, 2014 01:44PM
I think it's funny when people create trash accounts. made today, posted only one today. Obvious?
I don't even ever care what it's for, I never legitimately read it. Just tickles me seeing a one day one post account trying to praise someone/somecompany.

Realizer- One who realizes dreams by making them a reality either by possibility or by completion. Also creating or renewing hopes of dreams.
"keep in mind, even the best printer can not print with the best filament if the user is the problem." -Ohmarinus
June 17, 2014 03:22PM
Nice try Wizzard.
Your "good" experience will not make me happy.
I have been waiting four months and they will not even give me a delivery date.
The fact that their website has been under construction for over four months shoul scare anyone away.

Ready to contact my state Attorney General.
May not do any good but it will put them on record in Ohio.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2014 03:36PM by ntar827.
June 19, 2014 01:26PM
My apologies to those of you who related negative experiences. My intention was not to down play or excuse them for your issues. I was only trying to point out that there is more than one type of result possible when dealing with them.

MrDoctorDIV,

I do find the following attitude distasteful.

MrDoctorDIV
I think it's funny when people create trash accounts. made today, posted only one today. Obvious?
I don't even ever care what it's for, I never legitimately read it. Just tickles me seeing a one day one post account trying to praise someone/somecompany.

The fact that I am new to this forum should not negate what I say. I assume you believe your first post 3 months ago should have been ignored by everyone and you expected no answers or help with your questions and BOM,

Again no offense was intended by my first post.
June 19, 2014 02:45PM
Wizzard
My apologies to those of you who related negative experiences. My intention was not to down play or excuse them for your issues. I was only trying to point out that there is more than one type of result possible when dealing with them.

MrDoctorDIV,

I do find the following attitude distasteful.

MrDoctorDIV

The fact that I am new to this forum should not negate what I say. I assume you believe your first post 3 months ago should have been ignored by everyone and you expected no answers or help with your questions and BOM,

Again no offense was intended by my first post.

Not sure what you expected to happen when you create an account and the first thing you do is find a thread with people complaining about their horrific experiences with a company and then get down on your knees and start kissing that company's rear end. Maybe you're new to the internet? Regardless, I do hope you have better luck with your new QU-BD printer than most people seem to.
Anonymous User
June 19, 2014 03:04PM
Just because he hasn't drunk the koolaid, doesn't mean he's a plant. Not everyone with a differing point of view is part of a conspiracy theory.
June 19, 2014 03:15PM
goldenmongoose
Just because he hasn't drunk the koolaid, doesn't mean he's a plant. Not everyone with a differing point of view is part of a conspiracy theory.

You seem to always go against the long standing knowledge of members that have been here more than 15 days.

They have run multiple Kickstarters, the latest I would guess was simply for easy advertisement. This is not their first time doing this, they even limited the rewards and they still couldn't meet the timetable they setup. I have no idea when all the "batches" were added so who knows if they would have added another batch after 4 sold out and just kept going...probably just used it as some sort of fear campaign like "OMG there are only 5 left!!!!" then once they sold those they add another batch.

No reason for them to keep missing deadlines and not answering people. If the support ticket person can't figure out how to respond, find someone else. Complete BS that Chelsea can't read the tickets, it's their business, they have customer money and have missed probably every deadline on that Kickstarter.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2014 03:17PM by tjb1.
Anonymous User
June 19, 2014 03:50PM
tjb1
You seem to always go against the long standing knowledge of members that have been here more than 15 days.
Galileo went against long standing knowledge too. I'm in good company.
June 19, 2014 03:52PM
goldenmongoose
tjb1

I know I'm not the only one that read this and thought, "What an a$$hole."
June 19, 2014 04:14PM
Hm, an obvious personal attack clicking a few things and finding my first post.. yet it doesn't sting.

June 19, 2014 10:00PM
goldenmongoose
tjb1

Ohioplastics, is that you?
Anonymous User
June 19, 2014 10:11PM
No. Everyone says I sound just like this guy. I don't understand.
June 19, 2014 10:45PM
He had a tendency to quote historical figures and events in defense of his points. My apologies, but you do post in a very similar manner.
June 19, 2014 10:51PM
goldenmongoose
No. Everyone says I sound just like this guy. I don't understand.

the disposable email address and the signature you are not showing "sow discontent" and the fact that all your addresses go through Tor, i think the last time i explained this you went suspiciously quiet for a little while

-=( blog )=- -=( thingiverse )=- -=( 3Dindustries )=- -=( Aluhotend - mostly metal hotend)=--=( Facebook )=-

June 19, 2014 11:02PM
There should be a new game on here, who can find Ohioplastics new account the fastest. I claim this round.
June 20, 2014 01:02AM
Evil Monkey
There should be a new game on here, who can find Ohioplastics new account the fastest. I claim this round.

No MattMoses called him out almost two weeks ago [forums.reprap.org]

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login