Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

QU-BD Problems

Posted by jkerr 
Re: QU-BD Problems
June 20, 2014 05:59AM
goldenmongoose
Galileo went against long standing knowledge too. I'm in good company.

I got a chuckle out of your choice of historical figure here, as his middle finger is still flipping people off on display at a museum in Milan, Italy..... tongue sticking out smiley
June 20, 2014 07:04AM
While this is adorable how people not involved in this thread are more than ready to bash each other, let me throw in some perspective:

Show me a Kickstarter that met its promised schedule on an experimental 3D printer?

In the end, the kickstarter rules obviously state there is no real way to hold someone accountable for their 'rewards'.

The people who threw their money at kickstarter, I can say only this: You are adults. You made a decision, and that decision included an obvious risk. If you did not understand that risk, then you must be the same people who keep making paypal and Ebay reconciliation claims because they sent their payment to a chinese account that had zero feedback. Show me how this particular company/printer/campaign is different than all the others?

You took a risk and lost.

And guess what, your also a small percentage. Unlike you, alot of people did get what they paid for and and are too busy playing to come here and rebuttal.

Go ahead and flame me. I understand you need someone to be angry at other than yourself. And yeah, your experience may help the utterly clueless understand what a kickstarter campaign is all about. So now you can respond by saying I am some sort of groupie or fake, and I am an idiot for defending them. But the fact is I am not defending them, I am simply pointing out that the pot is also black.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."
June 20, 2014 07:14AM
Hazer

My order was placed thru the QU-BD store. Not Kickstarter.

This outfit has been in business for two years.

Time enough to establish an organization that can function as a business.
June 20, 2014 08:40AM
That does put a different perspective on it, but then it's more akin to buying those "eternal youth magnet" products without researching them... Except the magnets have plenty of delusional people endorsing them and this just has loads and loads or angry KS backers.

Always research before you buy. Just because they have a company and a website doesn't mean they're going to be legitimate on their promises.
June 20, 2014 12:03PM
Hazer
Show me a Kickstarter that met its promised schedule on an experimental 3D printer?

I ran an Indiegogo campaign for an experimental 3d printer and was successful at getting all the perks out on time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2014 12:03PM by Sublime.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
June 22, 2014 03:00PM
Hazer
Here's a premade list for you.

Realizer- One who realizes dreams by making them a reality either by possibility or by completion. Also creating or renewing hopes of dreams.
"keep in mind, even the best printer can not print with the best filament if the user is the problem." -Ohmarinus
June 23, 2014 06:56AM
MrDoctorDIV
Hazer

Um, that list shows 84% of all projects were late. And only one of those projects was a 3d printer. I am assuming you are helping prove my point?

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."
June 23, 2014 08:57AM
Hazer
MrDoctorDIV
Hazer

Um, that list shows 84% of all projects were late. And only one of those projects was a 3d printer. I am assuming you are helping prove my point?

Qu-BD is not new to printers, they only use Kickstarter for advertising. Read the forums, they are not known for delivering on time or answering emails.
June 27, 2014 02:43PM
stonedcoldskier
I have only ever ordered one thing from them, a silicon heater, and I don't plan on doing business with them ever again. When I ordered the heater, their website said that it was in stock. After about a week, I had not received a shipping confirmation so I wrote to inquire. I was advised that they had run out of them, but would have them back in stock in a 7-10 days. After another 14 days had passed, I emailed them again to ask my shipping status but never received a reply. Over the next 30 days I tried to email them at 3 separate email addresses and also made attempts to contact them through their support forum. Every attempt to communicate with them went unanswered. Approximately 60 days into it, I filed a dispute with Paypal. I never heard a word from qu-bd, but my silicon heater showed up in a Priority Mail box about 3-4 days after filing the dispute. It seems that the only thing that got their attention was the threat of taking their money away.

I had basically forgotten about them until I read this thread. After looking around a little more, it seems that qu-bd has been featured on such websites as the "ripoff report" and their issues have also caught the attention of their local Little Rock papers and business publications. They have completely elimiated their "support forum", most likely because it was filled with outraged customers. Lastly, I noticed that they have changed their url from "qu-bd.com" to "quintessentialuniversalbuildingdevice.com". I'm guessing it was an attempt at a fresh start, but maybe they just liked the way it rolls so smoothly off the tongue.

I have to ammend some of the comments that I had made earlier in this thread. After only a few prints with my printer (Lulzbot Taz clone), my QUBD silicone heater started acting funny. It would normally heat to 110C within 10 minutes and stay there. Most recently, it heated for almost a half hour and never reached 80C. Upon further investigation, I determined that parts of the silicone heater were reaching 160C, while other spots were as low as 78C.

I contacted QUBD customer support on 6-1-14 and received no reply. I contacted them again on 6-11-14 to advise them that I would be sending back my defective silicone heater, and that I would be returning it with delivery confirmation. Again, I received no reply. On 6-23, I wrote to them asking for an update and to tell them I was aware that they had received my package. To my great surprise, I received a reply from Paula saying that she had "already taken care of it." and she actually gave me a USPS tracking number for the shipment.

I was still skeptical, thinking that they would do nothing but return my old, defetive heater. Again, to my great surprise, I found that they had actually sent a brand new silicone heater to replace my defective unit. I had seen their return policy and I knew that I was well over the 15-day period, and that my product had been "affected" by having been glued to a glass plate and used. They would have been well within their rights to point to their policy and deny me a replacement, but they did not. While I still think they have some serious issues, communication being number one, I have to admit that they did the right thing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2014 02:45PM by stonedcoldskier.
June 27, 2014 02:54PM
Doesn't change the fact they don't respond to emails, it seems most of the hate on this forum comes from the company not responding to the customer. I see it for QU-BD, DIYTechShop and Makerbot just to name a few.
June 27, 2014 03:05PM
tjb1
Doesn't change the fact they don't respond to emails, it seems most of the hate on this forum comes from the company not responding to the customer. I see it for QU-BD, DIYTechShop and Makerbot just to name a few.

You're absolutely right, but I did want to acknowledge the fact that they made some small bit of effort in the name of customer service. I was hoping that they might notice my positive reinforcement, and that there would be a cascading effort to appease other customers.
June 28, 2014 04:10AM
divinekitchen
I am still having major problems though. When I try to extrude, plastic comes out of the nozzle,

Isn't that what it's supposed to do?...

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
June 28, 2014 04:57AM
tjb1

I think that Makible is the very worst, they never answer any emails, don't supply the goods purchased and don't respond to refund requests either.

[regpye.com.au]
"Experience is the mother of all knowledge." --Leonardo da Vinci
June 28, 2014 10:49AM
Ohmarinus
divinekitchen
I am still having major problems though. When I try to extrude, plastic comes out of the nozzle,

Isn't that what it's supposed to do?...

An SEO spambot that tells jokes..and ends sentences with a comma!

All three posts by new spambot user reported.....
Anonymous User
June 28, 2014 10:55AM
Maybe he just doesn't speak English good.
July 07, 2014 07:41PM
As I have been attempting to obtain a refund since December of 2013 I have accumulated enough information to understand very well who has been owed refunds, products, and responses. This site is not the only one used and I do not believe that the information provided by your company is truthful or valid. I will attempt another email and will inform the venue on if I get a response and a refund. Otherwise I will continue moving forward with other resources to ensure my refund and would be happy to advise others on their legal options.
July 08, 2014 06:35PM
I ordered from the website in Feb for delivery in April.

Finally received kit about 10 days ago.

Parts were well cut but did not fit tightly. Had to glue together.

Problem now is that the Z and Y motors are trapped. If they go bad I will have to make or buy new parts. Bad design.

A lot of sag in X slide. Will glue all bearings to tighten up and reduce sag.

The fan motor was delivered broken. Have not tried to get it replaced.

The fan bracket was missing.
July 10, 2014 06:18PM
Looks like their PR person has been busy. Did they change their name?

[3dprintingindustry.com]

And their website is up, in case you want to order anything...
July 10, 2014 07:40PM
I don't get the name change either. Qu-bd had a ring to it. Quintessential universal building device is a monstrosity. It's like FedEx. It's not Federal Express, it's just FedEx.
July 10, 2014 09:25PM
DonaldJ
Looks like their PR person has been busy. Did they change their name?

[3dprintingindustry.com]

Of the 1,000 printers they claim to have sold, I wonder how many they actually *delivered* after reading some of the posts in this thread?????
July 11, 2014 12:39AM
pbrstreetgang
I don't get the name change either. Qu-bd had a ring to it. Quintessential universal building device is a monstrosity. It's like FedEx. It's not Federal Express, it's just FedEx.

3D Systems gave them a C&D for their name being too similar to "Cube".
July 14, 2014 05:48AM
I made a friend order one One Up printer through Kickstarter. Promised schedule was before chrismas. The parts arrived here in Germany around the 20th of Dec. 2013 (to my very big surprise, after all I read about delayed shipment, bad service etc.)
Now it is july and the printer has yet not even been assembled, due to work overload. So in my case so far everything went as promised.
I think their business is just growing too fast, due to the low prices. If you buy a FIAT, dont expect Mercedes Benz service.
I hope they get their act together, maybe rethink their pricing and employ some more service personal to handle their fast growing business instead.
But higher prices may not be what everyone likes....
It´s the old game of:

The only thing missing in that parcel, was Chelsea who was shown on that KS video. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2014 05:49AM by maboo.

Blogs:
Meine 3D Druck Abenteuer
[3dptb.blogspot.de]
FLSUN Delta Drucker für Deutschland
[flsun-deutschland.blogspot.com]
Books on 3D patents:
[goo.gl] (english)
[www.amazon.de] (deutsch)
July 14, 2014 08:45AM
maboo
I made a friend order one One Up printer through Kickstarter. Promised schedule was before chrismas. The parts arrived here in Germany around the 20th of Dec. 2013 (to my very big surprise, after all I read about delayed shipment, bad service etc.)
Now it is july and the printer has yet not even been assembled, due to work overload. So in my case so far everything went as promised.
I think their business is just growing too fast, due to the low prices. If you buy a FIAT, dont expect Mercedes Benz service.
I hope they get their act together, maybe rethink their pricing and employ some more service personal to handle their fast growing business instead.
But higher prices may not be what everyone likes....
It´s the old game of:

Except they have been in business and doing this since mid 2012 - [www.kickstarter.com]

They know how it is, they just don't care to change.

Read the comments on that Kickstarter, all rewards were suppose to be delivered by August 2012 and there are people still trying to get the extruder.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2014 08:47AM by tjb1.
July 15, 2014 01:11AM
@tjb1 ...your reading comprehension needs a little adjusting it looks like there are a grand total of 3 people in the year 2013 that posted about not receiving theirs. Perhaps it was an oversight on their part or the units were shipped and lost in the mail. I'm not saying that they shouldn't get theirs but 3 out of 763 backers that didn't get theirs is an error or oversight, nothing more, and it looks like they were taken care of when it was brought up. I'm not seeing a problem.
July 15, 2014 07:57AM
vulcanrd
@tjb1 ...your reading comprehension needs a little adjusting it looks like there are a grand total of 3 people in the year 2013 that posted about not receiving theirs. Perhaps it was an oversight on their part or the units were shipped and lost in the mail. I'm not saying that they shouldn't get theirs but 3 out of 763 backers that didn't get theirs is an error or oversight, nothing more, and it looks like they were taken care of when it was brought up. I'm not seeing a problem.

Maybe yours needs adjusting, I see comments in 2014 requesting the item, several in 2013, and many (several pages) after the the original August delivery date. Maybe you should also read through the comments where several people are being lead on for months about their item.

Edit: What excuse do you have for them not delivering a hobbed bolt they promised on November 22 and still has no received as of February 6? You may be naive enough to think that the carrier UPS, Fedex, USPS, DHL or whoever they are using is really tossing all of these packages over a bridge but it very easy for a company in their position to place the blame on the carrier.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2014 08:04AM by tjb1.
July 15, 2014 08:00AM
Also check this one out - [www.kickstarter.com]

You'll notice they are also several months behind on many deliveries.
July 15, 2014 06:32PM
Again reading comprehension is apparently not your strong suit.

There is only one (1) comment in all of 2014, not 'comments' as you stated.
There are two (2) other (that is OTHER than Ronny Ager-Wick who is mentioned above) people that commented in 2013 about a missing extruder. One that was missing a hobbed bolt which means they got their extruder just that it was missing a part or he received the incorrect one.
Yes there are lots of comments in 2012 and the Kickstarter ran late, it didn't mean they didn't deliver, just that they overestimated their output by a lot. This is par for the course with any Kickstarter campaign especially one that gets funded for vastly more than the original goal.

I also stated that it could be "an oversight on their part" ie they forgot to ship it or lost the sales order or whatever OR it could be the carrier. Also I don't anyone necessarily blaming the carrier for it.

I am simply stating that a mistake was made on someone's part and that it wasn't part of a malicious act as you seem to believe it is.
July 15, 2014 07:54PM
I think the summary of this thread is:

Kickstarter campaigns always run late. If people put a real schedule on their KS page, they would not get funded, so its normal for people to put aggressive schedules so that more people fund the project. So again, KS usually runs late.

People who throw their money at Kickstarter like its a web store always expect the world even though they clicked the little "I agree" button that says there is no real obligation to give you anything at any time frame. But it always ends with people requesting refunds because the project people are behind by 6-8 weeks and all of these people expect Ikea like service.

And even though there are dozens of irate and unhappy people, you will not see the thousands of happy people who have been playing with their (albeit late) new toy. Because the irate people scour the internet looking for forum mentions of the product they are unhappy about and post everywhere about how wrong they have been done, while the content people dont have a reason to find forum posts like these and give their positive account of their experiences.

July 15, 2014 08:20PM
vulcanrd
Again reading comprehension is apparently not your strong suit.

There is only one (1) comment in all of 2014, not 'comments' as you stated.
There are two (2) other (that is OTHER than Ronny Ager-Wick who is mentioned above) people that commented in 2013 about a missing extruder. One that was missing a hobbed bolt which means they got their extruder just that it was missing a part or he received the incorrect one.
Yes there are lots of comments in 2012 and the Kickstarter ran late, it didn't mean they didn't deliver, just that they overestimated their output by a lot. This is par for the course with any Kickstarter campaign especially one that gets funded for vastly more than the original goal.

I also stated that it could be "an oversight on their part" ie they forgot to ship it or lost the sales order or whatever OR it could be the carrier. Also I don't anyone necessarily blaming the carrier for it.

I am simply stating that a mistake was made on someone's part and that it wasn't part of a malicious act as you seem to believe it is.

Well when they run another Kickstarter to get free advertisement, you go ahead and fund it.
July 21, 2014 04:04PM
I ordered a 2 up on July 8th, order #6701.
I'm hoping for late July shipment, as stated, but from what I've read, late August won't surprise or bother me too much.
September wouldn't be shock either. As long as it arrives long before my November birthday.

It's a fairly high quality printer, at a cost barely beyond overhead!
Yes, there are issues, but WE are the tinkerers of the future! We solve these and that's where we derive our purpose.
Most problems have already been solved by 3dprintedlife and jeepguy.

If u have a broken part, at least attempt to find an alternative solution while waiting for replacements, it could improve the overall design!

And finally, I am on the verge of a $100 3d printer! Made from hardware store parts, and extremely inexpensive electronics. It will work, but quality is the question!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login