Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dyi techshop changed

Posted by Doug1 
Dyi techshop changed
April 21, 2014 05:08PM
Ok last time we had a pretty negative thread going so thought I would be fair and post my latest interaction with them.

So I managed to crack my j-head grove mount block pealed it apart probably due to the back pressure issue with the print head I could never solve. I emailed them since my attempt at making one out of a wood block failed pretty horribly I don’t really have the tools to do that job right so thought It can’t cost that much.

Anyway not only did they offer to send the part I offered to pay for free but also sent me a new hot end. They did request mine back but provided a mailing label to send it back. Also this happed very quickly. I sent the email Apr. 16th got the replacement in the mail Apr. 19th and the j-head-grove mount block today. This is a drastic and positive change from what I had grown used to earlier this year.

I don’t know what they changed down there and ill post an update as to the functionality of the new print head but right now it’s looking like customer service part of their organization has vastly improved over the last few months.
Re: Dyi techshop changed
April 22, 2014 04:11AM
thats good to see.

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
Re: Dyi techshop changed
April 28, 2014 11:35AM
Ok follow up post..

Lets see. So they sent me a new excruder frame , no big gear or hardware just body and locking nut .

Anyway got that all put together this weekend. Bit of trouble there but i dont imagine that ever goes as smoothly as planned. I did get a chance to try out the new hot end.. Works great! no back pressure etc. The only issue i have ( with the hot end) is that it still so long i had to bend the end stop switch so it would hit the the build plate before the print head did. ( auto leveling bed setup ) Anyway after i got that problem resolved i printed an extra excruder hinge and j-head grove mount block ( for my old excruder body ) just in case i needed it later.

As for quality and customer service i have to say DIY back on my good.

[Edit] I did run into an unrelated printing problem but thats another thread.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2014 11:58AM by Doug1.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login