Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is configuration of Cura 01-14 with Arduino0023 etc. Compatible with Windows 8.1?

Posted by Mechanic 
Is configuration of Cura 01-14 with Arduino0023 etc. Compatible with Windows 8.1?
April 23, 2014 08:34AM
Hello,
I am back on the Forum and ask your help for the following problem:
for printing with my prusa i3 i used Cura 14-01 with Arduino 0023, Sanguino and Marlin V1-1 on my laptop with OS Windows 7. These combination worked well.
As my laptop crashed unrepaireble I bought myself a new one with Windows 8.1 as OS.
But alas, my Cura etc. seems not to work on Windows 8.1.
When I install Cura and at the question of installing the Arduino files, they could not be installed/found.
Starting Cura is going well but when connecting to Prusa. It fails to connect, message is: disconnecting, due to reaching temp max.
The set of software worked well with Windows 7. nothing in the software has changed. Does anyone know of this problem? Is Windows 8.1 the cause?
Thanks for your help.
Greetz,
Peter J.
Re: Is configuration of Cura 01-14 with Arduino0023 etc. Compatible with Windows 8.1?
April 23, 2014 09:07AM
Max temp is normally thermistor legs shorted. nothing to do with the os. (Presuming the hot end is not actuly over temp)
Hello Dust,
in this case it is definitely not the thermistor, as the machine runs well on an other computer with Wn, 7.
Thanks.
Peter J,
you could check the Ultimaker site - Cura is their software.
Re: Is configuration of Cura 01-14 with Arduino0023 etc. Compatible with Windows 8.1?
April 23, 2014 06:36PM
I wonder if you could set it up in "compatibility mode"?

April 24, 2014 01:51AM
This doesn’t make sense

The controller reports the temp as over temp, this just sounds like the standard marlin over temp message. this is not dependant on OS.
The controller doesn’t go, oh look im now connected to windows 8.1 lets break... it has no idea what Os its connected to. It doesnt care...

I suspect when you plug in the windows 8.1 machine you jiggle the cables and short thermistor wires... any OS stuff is a big fat red hearing.
@dust,
Hello,
I am confused. When I just plug the USB cable into another computer with the same config. and O/S Windows 7 the printer runs. No messing with the cable on the arduino board.
I learned that I need a driver for arduino and Win 8.1.?.
Any ideas?
Thanks and have a nice weekend.
Peter j.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login