Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Alternative heaters for heated beds or ambient temp.

Posted by VDX 
VDX
Alternative heaters for heated beds or ambient temp.
January 30, 2010 05:51PM
Hi all,

... i searched through my basement for heater elements suitable for a heated bed or temperature controlled housing so i can define the ambient temperature while fabbing or for curing while laser-sintering.

There i found some parts maybe interesting or inspiration for other applications too - atached is a photo with some of the parts:
- right is a sample-box from Caddock with TO-heaters capable of 15 to 100 Watts (the leftmost part in the box) heating power
- in the middle are two 150Watts@115VAC-flatpack-heaters, perfect suited for a heated bed or curing box when wired serial for my 230VAC powerline grinning smiley
- left are a power-resistor and some heater-capsules from 30Watts@110VAC to 80Watts@230VAC

- the black parts in the left upper corner are two SSR's capable of switching 2.5Amps or 25Amps current at 230VAC i can drive with PWM from a microcontroller for controlled heating

- and at the bottom are some heat-sensors: - a 5k-PTC i can use until 300°C and some PT100- and PT1000-sensors i've got as samples from Heraeus and i can use until 800°C (maybe until 1200°C with some tweaking and calibrating)

I have a Watlow temp-controller with a NiCr-tube-heater and embedded PT100-sensor in the heater element and another OEM-temp-controller which can directly be used with the SSR's, a PT100 and one of the heater-elements, but i think a solution with an Arduino should be more interesting ...

Viktor

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2010 06:02PM by VDX.
Attachments:
open | download - Heizer1.jpg (289.3 KB)
Re: Alternative heaters for heated beds or ambient temp.
January 31, 2010 05:12AM
What a nice collection of goodies you have there !!!

Food for thought.. TNKs

Bodge It [reprap.org]
=======================================

BIQ Sanguinololu SD LCD board BIQ Stepcon BIQ Opto Endstop
BIQ Heater Block PCB BIQ Extruder Peek clamp replacement BIQ Huxley Seedling
BIQ Sanguinololu mounting BIQ standalone Sanguinololu or Ramps mounting Print It Stick It Cut it

My rep strap: [repstrapbertha.blogspot.com]

Buy the bits from B&Q pipestrap [diyrepstrap.blogspot.com]
How to Build a Darwin without any Rep Rap Parts [repstrapdarwin.blogspot.com]
Web Site [www.takeaway3dtech.com]
February 04, 2010 04:14AM
Hello,
is it possible to controll this part [www.conrad.de] by the extruder-controller as a second extruder?
Erich

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2010 04:27AM by chris-nobody.
VDX
February 04, 2010 04:19AM
... wrong link - better give the ebay-number ...

Viktor
February 04, 2010 04:29AM
Hi Viktor,
i have just edit it.
Erich
VDX
February 04, 2010 04:35AM
Hi Chris,

... you need a SSR (in the atached image in the first post the both black parts top left) and a corresponding thermo-sensor in a representative position of your plate (not directly above the heater) - then it's a normal temperature controlled device like the extruder-heater ...

Viktor
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login