Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

:: mini chart of MOSFETs ::

Posted by redreprap 
:: mini chart of MOSFETs ::
April 25, 2014 02:44PM
hello folks, not sure where to post this but its generally a chart on mosfets

for folks who want to explore upgrading MOSFET current capacities do make careful calculations before buying anything, every joule/watt counts to starting a fire grinning smiley

http://3roomlabs.blogspot.sg/2014/04/056-mini-research-of-mosfets.html

happy MOSFET hunting

__my mixed bag blog || aka --> [http] || ___ so 3D printing is everywhere ... dont worry, hospitals can now 3Dprint body parts, they will charge you $1million excluding surgical fees ... you will die paying your debts. thats their aim ___ if every patent expires tomorrow, everybody will surely get a 3dprinter and make EVERYTHING ! ____ there is a "DIY-DTG" t shirt printing forum, you can mod an EPSON printer to PRINT like a pro. ___ CNCzone? overly commercialized it seems ___ my country? they will be taxing you for every cm of road you use and track you to your grave using GPS and its government authorized, now they will fire all the traffic wardens instead.___ EEVBLOG? there is only 1 way to do things --> take it apart like a pro
Re: :: mini chart of MOSFETs ::
April 25, 2014 03:33PM
redreprap
not sure where to post this

The ideal place is the wiki, of course. Likely the charts are useable, but text is too small to be readable.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

April 25, 2014 09:33PM
oh ... the chart ... click to expand grinning smiley

__my mixed bag blog || aka --> [http] || ___ so 3D printing is everywhere ... dont worry, hospitals can now 3Dprint body parts, they will charge you $1million excluding surgical fees ... you will die paying your debts. thats their aim ___ if every patent expires tomorrow, everybody will surely get a 3dprinter and make EVERYTHING ! ____ there is a "DIY-DTG" t shirt printing forum, you can mod an EPSON printer to PRINT like a pro. ___ CNCzone? overly commercialized it seems ___ my country? they will be taxing you for every cm of road you use and track you to your grave using GPS and its government authorized, now they will fire all the traffic wardens instead.___ EEVBLOG? there is only 1 way to do things --> take it apart like a pro
April 26, 2014 06:09AM
It doesn't get big enough, even when clicked. It's limited by the browsers window size, so it works on 24" monitors full screen only.

April 26, 2014 08:12AM
Maybe good if it's in PDF? When the text is in vectors you can just zoom to what percentage you like smiling smiley
April 26, 2014 09:39AM
ah yes i forgot, i work this on a 32inch (no really im not joking, they look good on 32")
so ok heres what you should do ... save as, open in your viewer .... zoooooooom away LOL. or use the other PDF link (but its the same thing, but google blurrified it)
the MOSFETS that would be useful are those with very high ampere per 1 watt free air dissipation (3rd / 4th column from extreme right). and remember to fit those schottky/zener clamps around to "protect" the MOSFET (see sample pic in blog)

edit : i have added a more fancier "clamp" circuit. in theory, the elaborate clamping will help reduce accidental spikes into the MOSFET and allow 1 to use the lower voltage MOSFETS (which are also cheaper)
the key is to clamp down the overshoot, so you have a "freewheel" schottky and a zener (with a reverse schottky)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2014 10:27AM by redreprap.

A2
April 26, 2014 02:35PM
Tks for posting the MOSFET chart, I've just started to collect data-links about them so I can better understand how they are used.
April 26, 2014 10:12PM
updated 4th run.

to view the chart properly. save as and zoom in. its getting cumbersome to view unfortunately

April 27, 2014 03:21AM
In Firefox, simply do a Ctrl + Control key and Plus Sign make as large as you want and it does not get blurry
April 27, 2014 06:06AM
I hope the 5th run finally goes directly into the wiki. Doing tables there is simple and they're even sortable: [www.mediawiki.org] and [en.wikipedia.org]

April 27, 2014 11:28AM
sorry, only export to PNG. its the easy way for me. you could pin that PNG to the wiki if you like grinning smiley
if i have a way of parralleling the data from element14/PDF into an excel file ... it will be 1 kick ass database (i bet somebody out there have done it like a robot web crawler thing)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2014 11:37AM by redreprap.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login