Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Where can I get solder paste? Pref. locally?

Posted by Dangerdad 
Where can I get solder paste? Pref. locally?
February 02, 2010 09:17PM
I'm in Northern California (Chico, about 100 mi north of Sacramento). I'm starting my RepRap saga with the MB, and it'll be my first time doing surface-mount work.

Where can I find the right solder paste? Can I get it locally? Or do I have to order it? If I have to order it, can someone point me to the right stuff? (There seem to be a lot of different types, including stuff obviously meant for jewelry rather than electronics.)
Re: Where can I get solder paste? Pref. locally?
February 03, 2010 11:28AM
In IRC I got some advice. I ended up buying from digikey.

For future reference, this is what I purchased.
February 03, 2010 12:53PM
I have yet to find a place that sells Solder Paste in a Brick and Mortar store. I'm sure they exist, but I don't know who they are. We've ordered our solder paste from Zephyr. They offer reasonable quantities for a decent price. Don't forget to pickup a syringe tip to use.

Zephyr Solder Paste
February 03, 2010 02:01PM
Frys electronics in sacramento most likely has it, not sure if that "local" to you though. My frys here in tempe, az carries it.
February 04, 2010 01:38AM
Thanks for the heads-up on Fry's. From the online catalog, it looks like they only carry the Al paste, but I'll check it next time I drop in there. I haven't been there in years.
February 10, 2010 01:58PM
Just search on EBay for Solder paste I bought 3 150ml syringes of it on eBay its in my fridge as it recommends fridge storage to maintain its shelf life.

You don't need very much of it I'm hoping it will last a lot longer than its use by date in the fridge.

Any electronics R&D distributor like Farnell or RS stock full price Solder paste as well both on next day delivery.

Bodge It [reprap.org]
=======================================

BIQ Sanguinololu SD LCD board BIQ Stepcon BIQ Opto Endstop
BIQ Heater Block PCB BIQ Extruder Peek clamp replacement BIQ Huxley Seedling
BIQ Sanguinololu mounting BIQ standalone Sanguinololu or Ramps mounting Print It Stick It Cut it

My rep strap: [repstrapbertha.blogspot.com]

Buy the bits from B&Q pipestrap [diyrepstrap.blogspot.com]
How to Build a Darwin without any Rep Rap Parts [repstrapdarwin.blogspot.com]
Web Site [www.takeaway3dtech.com]
We specialize in macturing solder paste and can support you technical information. More information, please write to me:[email protected]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login