Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin on TechZoneCom Monolitic Electronics

Posted by alromh87 
Marlin on TechZoneCom Monolitic Electronics
May 08, 2014 09:55PM
I am trying to add support for monotronics on Marlin Firmware(working as in Sprinter), but i am having trubble with the tipmanager i cant find the datasheet of MFK chip so im not sure how to test if it is working, any help would be apreciated.

Since i couldn't find the pinouts in RepRap documentation I am adding my findings to the Wiki.

Thanks in advance

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2014 09:55PM by alromh87.
Re: Marlin on TechZoneCom Monolitic Electronics
May 09, 2014 11:06PM
Looks like it translates the thermocouple to a OneWire protocol, so you'd need to adapt Marlin to understand OneWire

See [reprap.org] and [playground.arduino.cc]
May 13, 2014 10:05PM
As I understand DS2760 is oneWire capable already, so Im not sure whats the purpose of the other chip.

Thanks for your help
November 12, 2014 06:14AM
Hi alromh87,

I am an electronic design engineer with 15+ years experience. I tried to find schematics for my monotronics board several years ago but have given up in despair. The link provided on the monotronics page (http://reprap.org/wiki/Monotronics#Alternatives) has never worked for me, and appears to be a link used to upload the schematic. If you have a schematic, I would be very grateful to have a look and try and help figure out the MFK component...
While I have not had the time to reverse engineer the PCB, my current guesses/hypotheses are;
1) A resistor array to provide some level of current limiting on communication signals - though judging by the rest of the monotronics board, I would be surprised if this had been included.
2) A voltage regulator of some sort - depending on the needs of the DS2762A
3) Given that the DS2762A is actually intended for lithium ion battery monitoring and seems an unusual choice/ overkill / (inexperienced?) for a simple temperature sensor, the MFK could be anything...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login