Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Flexidrive is Flex3Drive Early Birds

Posted by Mutley3D 
Re: Flexidrive is Flex3Drive Early Birds
November 18, 2016 09:54AM
Hi Cliff,

I will get the instructions through to you today, along with a carriage. Yes lots has changed and it has been a challenge keeping up of late and getting all original info back onto the new site. So busyof late, I think I need to employ some elves.Regarding the hotend cooling fan, this does just slot into the fan holder as a snug fit, once all installed it is held securely in place and no fasteners are required to hold the fan, aside from the 2 M3x8 fan shroud bolts.

@slanwar - your item is shipping today, literally just taping up the box ready for DHL Express booking.

Flex3Drive.com
November 19, 2016 05:39AM
When will the web site be updated with instructions? I will be mounting the drive in the morning. I designed a mount for my I3 and will be testing soon. I will need some guidenline as to speed and stepping.

Bob
November 19, 2016 06:22AM
Bob, you might find this helpful http://forums.reprap.org/read.php?1,656132
November 27, 2016 07:03AM
I have got my F3D mounted and other than under-extrusion problems it works great!
November 27, 2016 07:53AM
wannathermal
I have got my F3D mounted and other than under-extrusion problems it works great!

Just sent you an email smiling smiley

Flex3Drive.com
November 27, 2016 03:48PM
Hi,

Any luck with the instructions for this please?

Cliff.
November 28, 2016 09:53AM
CliffAgius
Hi,

Any luck with the instructions for this please?

Cliff.

Docs and emails on their way winking smiley

Flex3Drive.com
November 28, 2016 04:04PM
Received the parts today and they were printed with quality, I love the print bite and I can't wait to test the printer.
November 03, 2017 04:39AM
OK, I have the flex3drive installed on my printer using a ramps 1.4 board. I'm having a little issue. Retractions are loud!

Running 2 different drivers set at 1/16 (I think) for testing

A4988 (buzzing when extruding / stalling on retract - tried various vrefs between 0.2 and 1.0)
TMC2100 (nice and silent when extruding / no stalling on retract but certainly not silent / can feel vibration of my motor when retracting)

Here are my settings

Steps per unit:
  M92 X80.00 Y80.00 Z400.00 E4222.00
Maximum feedrates (units/s):
  M203 X500.00 Y500.00 Z10.00 E35.00
Maximum Acceleration (units/s2):
  M201 X500 Y500 Z1000 E50
Acceleration (units/s2): P R T
  M204 P500.00 R50.00 T500.00
Advanced: S T B X Z E
  M205 S0.00 T0.00 B20000 X5.00 Y5.00 Z0.40 E0.10

retraction at 10mm/s speed 1mm distance

Please help
November 03, 2017 05:08AM
Also I need to documentation on how to set this up. I think I read somewhere that the backlash needs adjusting?
November 04, 2017 03:16PM
November 05, 2017 04:36AM
Mutley3D
PM sent

Thanks buddy
gtj
March 31, 2018 12:46PM
Does anyone know if the mounting plate with the bearing blocks on the FLEX3DRIVE FOR XY GANTRY PRINTERS is a separate piece that can be removed?
[flex3drive.com]

The extruder assembly itself is exactly what I need but it needs to fit in something like this...

Of course I can make the 2 right-angle mounting blocks anything I want. I just need to get rid of the existing bearing blocks on the extruder assy.
April 03, 2018 09:30PM
Hello gtj

Yes the bearing block can be seperated and removed. Send me an email/contact form through the site, and ill get some files over to you.

J

Flex3Drive.com
gtj
April 04, 2018 03:58PM
Mutley3D
Hello gtj

Yes the bearing block can be seperated and removed. Send me an email/contact form through the site, and ill get some files over to you.

J

I did. Twice. smiling smiley

I'll send another.
June 17, 2020 05:55AM
hello.
Does any one have the stl or stp file for the dual flex3drive. I build an blv mgn AM8 with one extruder. I want to upgrade it to dual with a cyclops chimera. I visited F3D website. but the flex3drive dual page is dead. I contact them but have no answer so far.
I need the stl or stp file to re-design the x carriage.
So if someone can share it with me, i will apriciate it a lot.
Thank you in advance.
Joffrey

My email is benskywalker146@hotmail.com
June 19, 2020 07:21PM
Hi Benforj

Ive had no emails incoming from that address (or via contact form) nor mention of a BLV printer in recent emails so might not have gotten through (or lost in the chaos). Apologies for that in case.

for a dual Cyclops/Chimera, use the G5 stls, just mirror the parts in the slicer for LH or RH as required. Too easy smiling smiley Default released file is the LH.

If you need further assist, email or use contact form on website, will come through straight to me.

HTH and Stay safe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2020 08:46PM by Mutley3D.

Flex3Drive.com
Seeking contact with Flex3Drive
November 14, 2020 03:49PM
Hi! I joined today to ask for help from Flex3Drive.

I've tried using the Contact page ( [flex3drive.com] ) to ask for help two times, but I haven't received a response since my first message two weeks ago.

I'm worried that the page might be broken or somehow the messages are getting blocked, so I tried to find other contact methods. This thread is a few months more recent than the posts made in the Facebook page, so I'm hoping this request makes it to the right people

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2020 03:50PM by kizumi.
Re: Seeking contact with Flex3Drive
November 15, 2020 11:04AM
there are better options out there, google Orbiter, Gallileo or Sherpa extruder...
Re: Seeking contact with Flex3Drive
November 15, 2020 05:21PM
whosrdaddy
there are better options out there, google Orbiter, Gallileo or Sherpa extruder...

Hi! Thanks for your input and willingness to respond.

The mechanical design of this extruder is new-to-me and I'm glad to have learned about it!

I'm not sure what metrics you applied to determine that this design is better because my requirements are
  1. remote-drive
  2. no-bowden
which aren't fully addressed by a coupled motor.

And regardless of other options to consider, my first goal is to learn whether Flex3Drive is operating and how to best contact them. It seems like @Mutley3D has helped in the past and I hope they can connect me to the right contact
November 16, 2020 06:20AM
There may be enough information on this forum and on Github and similar places for you to make your own flexible drive extruder. I am sorry to be negative but the whole field of hands-on 3D printer making is either going through a major trough of disillusionment or is actually dead. There are a few practitioners of the arcane arts of RepRap left, but they are typically people too old to have learned to give up and who now make things almost as a twitch reflex.

Mike
November 16, 2020 06:36AM
What is the point of owning a 3D printer if you don't make things with it? And if you then do then why not make another better 3D printer?

I hope Flex3Drive is still in business because I am designing a multi-head printer around it and can't find a source for the parts elsewhere. It seems to be the way to make the smallest lightest direct drive extruder.

I can fit four of these in a small printer with only a 350mm square footprint.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
November 16, 2020 01:47PM
Have you looked at Zesty Nimble? [zesty.tech] although, sadly, I see they have had to stop shipping due to Covid.
November 16, 2020 02:00PM
RGN01
Have you looked at Zesty Nimble? [zesty.tech] although, sadly, I see they have had to stop shipping due to Covid.

Hi! And thank you for your reply!

Yes, this mechanical design is familiar to me and I own a Nimble v1. I'd buy a Nimble v2 if Zesty were shipping, which is why I'm interested in the possibility of ordering from Flex3Drive.
November 16, 2020 02:14PM
[flex3drive.com]

Here is where you can contact Mutley3D

Also, plenty of people still like to make/design their own stuff. So reprap is still alive in spirit, but splintered and obscured by all of the cheap Chinese turn-key options that people tend to start off with and the assorted communities on reddit/facebook/discord.
It probably doesn't help that some of the old-dogs around here tend to be a bit intolerant towards those who discover this forum and show up with old re-hashed questions and old failed ideas. Traditional forums also seem to be dying out in popularity too, which doesn't help.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2020 02:22PM by obelisk79.
November 16, 2020 02:23PM
So my thread-jacking has itself been thread-jacked, and this opening has been lost already smoking smiley (emphasis mine)

kizumi

I've tried using the Contact page ( [flex3drive.com] ) to ask for help two times, but I haven't received a response since my first message two weeks ago.

I'm worried that the page might be broken or somehow the messages are getting blocked, so I tried to find other contact methods.
November 17, 2020 05:45AM
Hi @Kizumi, thank you for your interest. Send another message and I will check and confirm. Sometimes if focused on production my admin might slip a little, but I'll usually get back to you. smiling smiley Or contact page has an issue im not aware of.

Hi @Nophead, great to see that your still around and working on a Flex3Drive derivative no less thumbs up looking good. For sure the Flex3Drive is a solid option with great performance and many possibilities, and yes still in business and all parts available.

Flex3Drive.com
November 17, 2020 10:20AM
Good to hear @Mutley.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
November 17, 2020 10:27AM
Mutley3D
Hi @Kizumi, thank you for your interest. Send another message and I will check and confirm. Sometimes if focused on production my admin might slip a little, but I'll usually get back to you.

ok, sent! Thanks smiling bouncing smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login