Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

E3Dv5 and Bulldog XL 3mm settings?

Posted by Yellobello 
E3Dv5 and Bulldog XL 3mm settings?
May 24, 2014 06:03PM
Hi! I am just wondering if I could use someone's settings for this combination as a base for my own settings. Also, what would be the maximum speed people had successful prints with?

Btw, I finally managed to fit the hotend to the extruder carrier together with the extruder... Did you also have a hard time to assemble it because the E3d hotend is so big?
Thanks, Phil
Re: E3Dv5 and Bulldog XL 3mm settings?
May 25, 2014 03:19AM
Ok, in the indiegogo page i fond the axis steps per unit to be 495 for the bulldog extruder. But they did not say whether thats for 3 or 1.75mm filament, which microstepping and how fast it can go.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2014 03:19AM by Yellobello.
May 25, 2014 07:04AM
It shouldn't matter whether it's 1.75 or three it's the teeth of the gear touching the filament that pushes it. You are measuring filament going in and not coming out of nozzle your going to have to calibrate the extruder no matter what you do there are plenty of posts on it
May 25, 2014 03:20PM
XL version, its a 5:1 geared NEMA with 495 steps/mm @ 1/16 and 990 @ 1/32. Unless you are using it for a bowden your bigger problem is mounting the two together. The e3d uses a different mounting dimension then the j-head. When you get it to work the combo work great.

WWW.ZATOPA.COM - Your Place for high quality 3D Printing Filament and accessories
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login