Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[Solved] ATX Power supply issue

Posted by machapa 
[Solved] ATX Power supply issue
May 25, 2014 07:16PM
Hello everyone!

I was testing my printer with an ATX power supply, everything was working until I decided to cut down the messy wiring coming out from my ATX power supply and leave only the ones that I needed, so I left only those 4 cables from 12v, the green (PS-ON and a black GND to close circuit) but this time, the power supply went broken...
When I plug it, it just light on the RAMPS led and PS fan just shake briefly, then everything goes down to nothing, and thats all, nothing happens

WHYY!!? I just made cables shorter, everything was sealed with insulating tape, any ideas about what happened?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2014 09:55PM by machapa.
Re: ATX Power supply issue
May 25, 2014 09:03PM
There is usually a 3.3V sense wire connected to one of the orange wires in one pin of the 24 way connector. Sometimes it is brown or maybe a thinner orange. If you separate that from the orange it may cause the PSU to shut down.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
Re: ATX Power supply issue
May 25, 2014 09:54PM
nophead
There is usually a 3.3V sense wire connected to one of the orange wires in one pin of the 24 way connector. Sometimes it is brown or maybe a thinner orange. If you separate that from the orange it may cause the PSU to shut down.

IT WORKED!!!!

thank you!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login