Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Quintessential Building Device

Posted by ntar827 
Quintessential Building Device
May 29, 2014 06:24PM
What goes with Quintessential Building Device?

In Feb. I order a OneStep printer kit from Quintessential Building Device for delivery in Apr.

Early in Apr. I sent a request for a delivery date and received a statement from Paula to the effect that they have problems and "thank you for your patience" NO DELIVERY DATE.

Since then I have sent three additional requests for a delivery date and received the same response from Paula. NO DELIVERY DATE.

Finally on May 15 Paula sent a notice that my kit would ship on May 20 and I would receive a tracking number.

May 20 came and passed with no notice of shipping.

On May 27 I sent an email to Paula asking what is going on. I have received no response from her.

Obviously my patience has run out.

Their website has been under construction for over three months.

They have had my money since Feb.

Is this a bogus outfit? Have they headed for a Caribbean island with the money collected?

Has anyone had the same experience?

Is my money lost?

Thanks

Nick
Re: Quintessential Building Device
May 30, 2014 09:20AM
It's long been known they're bad at following up with anything. I really wish I could just scream at the world to watchout who you buy from and make sure you do your research first. It seems more companies who just take your money and run exist than those who do real business.

Realizer- One who realizes dreams by making them a reality either by possibility or by completion. Also creating or renewing hopes of dreams.
"keep in mind, even the best printer can not print with the best filament if the user is the problem." -Ohmarinus
May 31, 2014 09:03AM
To be fair:

They kickstarted the OneUp and TwoUp products. Everyone knows that kickstarter products always get delayed in delivery.

Unfortunately for the original poster, they also introduced retail pre-sales on their website. Since these retail purchases were meant to be fulfilled after the kickstarter, they got delayed even further than the promised date. The sad thing is, QUBD offered no explanation on their website about this. I would imagine more people would have stayed away from the website purchase until the kickstarter was finished if they had known.

Add to this QU-BD apparent customer service issues. They only seem to stay focused on massive public updates. They respond to emails with copy-paste responses. They have a laughable issue-ticket system meant only to delay a real customer service response, and they knowingly ignore the most irate people that result in refunds, and are fine with it. It is obvious they are overrun with trying to meet their kickstarter obligation and only have enough resources to focus on that alone for now. Oh, and marketing. They have no trouble making 'extras' for 3d printing fairs and such, but cannot be arsed to update their website for 3 months.

There are more and more instances where customers are getting real tired of the poor customer service and demanding a refund. And it seems QU-BD is more than happy to issue refunds (less work than actually providing the products at this point).

But on the other hand, the products they have provided do not get as much negative attention. There have been a few minor instances of product problems reported, but that goes for everybody in the industry. One of the reasons they have been delayed on fulfillment is product issues caught midway, and they corrected the issues before sending out more product.

Also, people have been receiving their OneUps and TwoUps. And the response has been positive. I have personally been keeping an eye on the situation because I plan to buy a OneUp myself. But I am not going to do so until I see evidence that they have gotten their house in order. As in, the website begins to get maintained, the kickstarter fulfillment is done, and the outright dismissal of customer complaints turns around.

It is just plain obvious that they bit off more than they could chew, and forced to focus on only certain obligations at any one time. Right now, its fulfillment and quality control. When they get done with that, I will be waiting to see if they focus on retail sales and service. Thats when I will purchase one of their products, not before.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."
June 01, 2014 11:44PM
On the same boat as you. They told me mine would "ship tomorrow" 2 weeks ago. Maybe I should ask for a refund. I didn't want to get a Printrbot because it didn't look as well built as the TwoUp. No response to my latest "ticket" after 48 hours.
June 02, 2014 06:53PM
Update: I asked for a full refund. Let's see how that goes.
June 08, 2014 04:23PM
Update: They told me that there was a mistake (June 5th) and that my printer has shipped already. So far, they have not sent me the tracking number for this supposedly "shipped" printer. I reopened the ticket, but I am reporting them for internet fraud if I don't get that tracking number tomorrow.

I'd like them to succeed, but I am tired of BS excuses.
A2
June 08, 2014 08:56PM
June 09, 2014 10:59PM
Thanks for the links! That gives me some more places to report.

Also, I noticed how they changed the pre-order shipping date from April to June in their web site.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2014 11:02PM by Thanos_of_MW.
August 17, 2014 11:40PM
Hello Thanos_of_MW

Did you got any answer from QUBD? I'm about to taking legal action against them too.
September 02, 2014 03:36PM
Sorry I missed this. Did get my printer a few days after. Some parts were missing and others were broken. They did replace the missing parts but not the broken ones (I fixed myself). Printer runs fine after the upgrades from Thingiverse. Do get the flexible coupler, makes a big difference. The rest you can print and "upgrade". Not bad for the money if you are patient enough I guess.
September 20, 2014 05:08PM
I orderd on april the 24`th 2 oneup printers for may delivery.
after 3 months i began to ask what happend with my order.
first they told that the production is late and it may take a while.
at 08.04.2014 they told that my printers shipping out this week.
nothing happend.
at 08.27.2014 they told again shipping out this week.
today its 09.20.2014 an still nothing happend, the order information still show that my printers on backorder.
im totaly pissed.
meanwhile i think that quintessentialuniversalbuildingdevice is nothing than a fraud.
April 09, 2015 01:24PM
I ordered a TwoUp from Qu-BD's webite on 2/26/2015 wanting to do the 3up design. In fact, I ordered all the 3up upgrade parts and had them sitting here waiting for the TwoUp to come within 2 weeks or my order. When I ordered it stated 4 week lead time on the site. A week later, I ordered the Folgertech Kossel. I never received a notice other then Qu-BD taking my money and the printer immediately being put on backorder. I waited until yesterday and decided to contact them. Found they do not have a number listed on the website. Finally tracked the number down and it goes directly to a voice that states "The person you are trying to reach is not accepting calls at this time". The ticketing system is a joke, multiple days to answer a ticket. I am not even going to bother trying to fight them getting my money back. At this point they have not provided me a printer, a service nor are they available for a refund. I contacted my back and had them reverse the charges off of my card. Great not doing business with you anymore guys, thank you!

BBB? Look it up. I understand delays and problems with other manufacturers. That is all part of doing business, what is not acceptable is no communication with your customers and shutting down every avenue that they have of contacting you. Cannot state this enough. Do not do business with QUBD, QU-BD, quintessentialuniversalbuildingdevice or whatever they are calling themselves now. I would rather buy a printer on the slow boat from China then order anything from them again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2015 01:25PM by thevisad.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login