Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Easy release?

Posted by jobzombi 
Easy release?
June 04, 2014 05:44PM
Not sure if anyone else has tried this, but I first tried it out of impatience, didn't want to wait for bed to cool, but it seems to work pretty much all the time. I found a can of Freeze Off that I guess no longer had tips and someone didn't feel like wasting the contents in the can. I took the cap off and exposed this nipple for release. I guess it would work with compressed air too or a can of butane. I have had prints on either blue tape or kapton that is adhered to an aluminum bed; might not be smart to do this on untempered glass. After I'm done printing or a few minutes after it is done, I squirt the can contents at the edges touching the bed and then the print comes off very easily. It doesn't seem to have any negative impact on the piece itself as it evaporates very quickly but it gets it to unstick very well from blue and kapton tape.

Any thoughts on this?
Re: Easy release?
June 04, 2014 06:38PM
basically the same thing as putting the glass in the freezer for a bit.

greghoge.com

HUGE 3D PRINTER PARTS SALE!!!
June 04, 2014 07:07PM
gmh39
basically the same thing as putting the glass in the freezer for a bit.
But better for the impatient people like me that print back to back prints at times.

Realizer- One who realizes dreams by making them a reality either by possibility or by completion. Also creating or renewing hopes of dreams.
"keep in mind, even the best printer can not print with the best filament if the user is the problem." -Ohmarinus
June 04, 2014 07:27PM
glass is pretty cheap at any window shop , i'm normally got when i'm printing a lot up 4 pieces in the cycle

-=( blog )=- -=( thingiverse )=- -=( 3Dindustries )=- -=( Aluhotend - mostly metal hotend)=--=( Facebook )=-

June 05, 2014 06:20AM
thejollygrimreaper
glass is pretty cheap at any window shop , i'm normally got when i'm printing a lot up 4 pieces in the cycle

Also Ikea do a 4 pack of 20x20 mirrors for pretty cheap! ( mirrors are tempered glass )
June 05, 2014 09:24AM
Seems like a good way to crack the mirror/glass not to mention its cheaper to just get more glass than buy freeze off/air duster/butane all the time.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login