Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CALIBRATION

Posted by Maria Jose 
CALIBRATION
June 16, 2014 06:50AM
Hi everyone!

We are calibrating our 3d printer and we are having some problems with units. In the Sprinter the code is in centimeters regarding measures of axis and the Pronterface as well, the thing is that the G-Code is generated in millimeters. When we change the G-Code manually to centimeters in the coordinates it works perfectly, but we don't know where to change that in order to make it automatically. Anyone can help?
Re: CALIBRATION
June 16, 2014 06:51PM
It sounds more like your firmware is reading millimeters as centimeters, rather than in issue with pronterface or sprinter. What printer do you have?

[3DKarma.com] - suppliers of quality, affordable 3D printer kits and filament for the UK market.
June 16, 2014 07:11PM
Our printer is customized, is our own invention smiling smiley, do you know in which part of the firmware can I change the units? Or better... which variables should I change into centimeters.

Thank you!!!
June 16, 2014 07:26PM
why would you want work in such a high unit as centimeters? mm smaller value id prefer to work even smaller if i could

Check my rubbish blog for my prusa i3

up and running
[3dimetech.blogspot.co.uk]
June 16, 2014 07:50PM
We would love to work in millimeters but we don't know where to change it cause somehow all the dimensions are read in centimeters and the printer is not working because of that, we were suspecting it was the Firmware but we don't know where to change it.
June 16, 2014 08:11PM
Let's start with the basic question:
Why do you think your machine is reading in cm's?

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
June 16, 2014 09:50PM
What electronics are you using do you know what the micro-stepping is set for. You said it's your own design you should know what you have
June 17, 2014 07:22AM
Maria Jose
We would love to work in millimeters but we don't know where to change it cause somehow all the dimensions are read in centimeters and the printer is not working because of that, we were suspecting it was the Firmware but we don't know where to change it.

In sprinter, the steps per unit settings are on line 35 of configuration.h. If you really are getting CM instead of MM movements, divide the current values by ten.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login