Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Connectors for wiring a machine?

Posted by WillAdams 
Connectors for wiring a machine?
June 18, 2014 01:32PM
What are these connectors called and where do I find matching connectors to connect this Ordbot to a Smoothieboard (Azteeg X5 mini) which doesn't have matching connectors, but instead is set up to receive raw wires.

I want to use these connectors, not cut them off and start over, and I want to be able to buy matching connector sets so that I can wire up my Shapeoko 2 w/ the same wiring so that I can swap the Smoothieboard between the two machines.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2014 01:32PM by WillAdams.
Re: Connectors for wiring a machine?
June 18, 2014 02:29PM
The stepper connectors will plug onto standard 2.54mm headers. Not sure which connectors will match the two-pin connectors, but they are still 2.54mm pitch . The eurostyle screw connectors on the azteeg are a larger pitch, and this board doesn't provide alternative holes for 2.54mm connectors, so theres no neat way to use those connectors.. You could replace the connectors on the board with pluggable versions.
June 18, 2014 02:51PM
June 18, 2014 03:03PM
+1 on Pololu. That's where I get mine. You will only be able to reuse the connector shell. The pins are one use, crimp type pins and you'll need to cut them off it you are going to bare wire or extending the cable.
June 18, 2014 04:16PM
Pololu only has the Dupont connectors --- they don't have the Molex Microfit (Jr.?) connectors --- I wasted my entire morning running around town and I'm not inclined to place multiple orders --- isn't there a single vendor who has all of this in stock for a reasonable price?
A2
June 18, 2014 05:16PM
ultimachine
[ultimachine.com]
June 18, 2014 05:27PM
Makerfarm has the motor cables at 20 cents each.

Link
June 18, 2014 07:40PM
If you are talking about a real Azteeg X5 Mini, mine has the correct stepper motor connectors on the board for that left plug. Panucatt sells a complete wiring kit for the X5 for a bargain price, and it includes every connector that you will need already attached to wires.....
June 18, 2014 09:17PM
I don't see that the Ultimachine part fits / matches --- I did find the female part there ( [ultimachine.com] ) but couldn't find the male.,

The Makerfarm cable is a female connector --- I need a male connector to plug into the female connectors I already have.

I'm not seeing a wiring kit on the Panucatt site --- this search: [www.panucatt.com] turns up nothing.
A2
June 18, 2014 09:42PM
[www.newark.com]

www.digikey.com {worlds largest supplier of electronic components.}

[www.sparkfun.com]

[www.phidgets.com]
June 19, 2014 07:39AM
WillAdams
I'm not seeing a wiring kit on the Panucatt site --- this search: [www.panucatt.com] turns up nothing.

It is listed as an $11.00 option on the "Choose your options..." box on the Azteeg X5 Mini's listing:

http://www.panucatt.com/azteeg_X5_mini_reprap_3d_printer_controller_p/ax5mini.htm

If you already have the board, E-Mail support@panucatt.com and I'm sure that Roy will be able to set you up with the correct cable kit. Also, if you don't have a microSD card, the $6.00 one that I received was priced competitively and came with the full-size adapter so hat it could be used in any SD card slot.....
June 19, 2014 09:00AM
Thanks.

Is there a reason that I couldn't just get two sets of the 20AWG Jumper Wires: [www.sparkfun.com] and tighten one end into the screw terminals on the board and the other end into the connectors?

If I did this would it be a good idea to bend back the end which I'm putting into the screw terminals so as to double up the connection and give it some spring?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2014 09:02AM by WillAdams.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login