Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RapR3D Visual GCode Editor - Now you can edit GCode just like a CAD

Posted by shafri 
Re: RapR3D Visual GCode Editor - Now you can edit GCode just like a CAD
July 12, 2014 04:45AM
Maybe it is related to wine. Some event may be missing or fired in a different order.
December 09, 2014 11:03AM
Hi, Thanks for the software looks very useful.

I have just tried to do something I have been dying to do and am unsure whether I have missed something (or if it is even possible)

-can you add layers out of sequence? for example I would like to print inside a well array so I need the printhead to move up, across and down inbetween printing each item in each well. I am also syringe printing fluids/slurries inside gels so often I need fine xyz editing control of the toolpath that is generated so it does not interfere with what has been printed.

Something like

L1>Z 0.15 (data)
L2>Z 20.0 (with xy translation)
L3>Z 0.2 (continue as normal)

This is by far the closet thing I have seen that might be able to do that bar manual editing, so any advice is much appreciated!

Rich
December 09, 2014 11:24AM
i'm out from my city for few days, so i dont have access to my main computer (where gcode editor stored). iirc this gcode editor cannot create new layer, it only can destroy one, two or more. the workaround is to add the layer manually (vertical head movement such as G0 Zm, where m is different Z position from previous position) in text editor with at least one data after that (eg horizontal XY movement such as G0 X1 Y1). once you added and saved several new Z layers manually in notepad, then you can edit in gcode editor for XY motions (add/delete/move path). hope that helps.
July 15, 2015 07:25PM
Hello everyone!

This program sounds interesting. I didn't have a chance to try it because the original download site stopped working.
I wonder if someone is willing to send me a copy via email. If you would like to, please send me a PM. Thanks
September 08, 2015 04:06AM
shafri
i posted on a request for available GCode Editor around in [forums.reprap.org] but very cold respond. As suggested, i'm posting this in General section even though this is software specific. Anyway in the mean time i've made my GCode Editor and by doing hard selection, i named it RapR3D Visual GCode Editor. Since (i think) its ready for BETA testing, i've made it available for download at [www.soasystem.com] i hope some of you will try. Its free (as usual).

some briefing. the motivation came from when i tried to generate a STL from slic3r and it produced nasty output, (bleading extrusion crossing the hollow space, anyway that is solved in KISSlicer) and also my limited skill and CAD software which cant produce smooth curvature like i want in my artistic boat design. so i will fine tune and touch it up in my GCode Editor later before printing, while at the same time testing and rectifying the Editor myself, please dont expect it to be bugless, but waiting it to be bugless and producing it probaly will take eternity. i hope some of you artistic guys with limited CAD capability like i am will find it usefull. Cheers. and sorry my english.

This is a nice idea. I tried to use your program but I think it does not support arcs. I checked whether I can add it and seen that it is not open source. It would be nice if you make your code open source and release it on Github. Maybe more people contribute to it.
September 11, 2015 08:08PM
Hi Shafri, just downloaded RapR3D and tried to load my first g-code file to test it out.

The first file came back with an error message "1000.0;set" is not a number.

The line of g code which threw this error goes something like this:

M201 X5000.0 Y5000.0 Z150.0 E1000.0;set acceleration

I can see that I would be able to fix the error by removing the comment or at least having a space between the comment and the gcode, but thought I'd report it incase you wanted to look into it ;-)

I was looking for something a bit more developed as I need the functionality now, but I like your initiative to provide a free solution - kudos. I will subscribe here and help test as you update the app. I'm can get fairly advanced with my gcodes as we don't just manufacture printers at my workplace but custom-purpose CNC machines also, it will be good to see just what the software is capable of as you develop it ;-)
April 10, 2016 05:59PM
Just found this program today and it's super cool!! Just what i needed!!

I can't open some g-codes though. Some are ok, but some say 0 layers..

Anyone got a clue why?

Cheers o/
March 25, 2018 12:20AM
First file I tried generated an error on line 26 _MIN is not a number. Why aren't comments ignored?

;Generated by Cura LulzBot Edition GCodeWriter Version: 2.6.69
;FLAVOR:RepRap
;TIME:10886
;Filament used: 2.34368m
;Layer height: 0.25
;Generated with Cura_SteamEngine 2.6.69
; This profile is designed specifically for LulzBot TAZ6 3D Printer with the Yellowfin Dual V3
M107 ; Sliced at: Sun 18-03-2018 18:48:55
M107 ; Nozzle Size: 0.5 0.5
M107 ; Layer height: 0.25
M107 ; Walls: 1.0
M107 ; Fill: 20
M107 ; Estimated Print time: 03:01:27
M107 ; Filament used: [2.34, 0.99]m [18.68905517578125, 7.910078735351562]g
G26                          ; clear potential 'probe fail' condition
G21                          ; set units to Millimetres
M107                         ; disable fans
G90                          ; absolute positioning
M218 T0 X0 Y0                ; Clear any tool offsets in firmware
M218 T1 X0 Y0                ; offset for right extruder
M104 S185 T0               ; soften filament
M104 S185 T1               ; soften filament
M140 S70                       ; get bed heating up
G28 X Y                      ; home X and Y
G1 X-17 F3000                ; clear X endstop
G1 Y258 F3000                ; move over the Z_MIN switch
G1 X-19 F3000                ; move left as far as possible
M117 Heating...              ; LCD status message

I'm guessing it will probably barf on the lines below as well. I've found multiple sources that say extra white space should be ignored.

For example, from http://linuxcnc.org/docs/html/gcode/overview.html:

Spaces and tabs are allowed anywhere on a line of code and do not change the meaning of the line, except inside comments. This makes some strange-looking input legal. The line G0X +0. 12 34Y 7 is equivalent to G0 x+0.1234 Y7, for example.

G1 X-17 Y100 F3000           ; move above wiper pad
G1 Z1                        ; push nozzle into wiper
G1 X -18 Y95 F1000           ; slow wipe
G1 X -18 Y90 F1000           ; slow wipe
G1 X -18 Y85 F1000           ; slow wipe
G1 X -17 Y90 F1000           ; slow wipe

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2018 12:31AM by b-morgan.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login