Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

positioning object in slic3r

Posted by dudad.net 
positioning object in slic3r
July 11, 2014 08:38AM
hi. i have a davinci 1.0 printer and am using slic3r to set up and export my gcode files to the printer but im wondering if anyone can tell me how to position my project on the plater laying down rather than standing up. all it seems i can do is rotate it. thank you in advance for any help or advice
Re: positioning object in slic3r
July 11, 2014 09:59AM
Slic3r can't do this. I believe Cura can, but otherwise you'd need to use a mesh editor like meshlab or maybe even netfabb.

The other option is to go back to the source program - such as openscad or sketchup - if that is how the object was created, and modify it there. If you only have an STL file, though, then you'll need the mesh editor.
July 11, 2014 05:41PM
you can yous free version netfabb for that to rotate yours parts
July 11, 2014 05:44PM
Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but if you're slicing in Slic3r, then all you have to do is rotate your .STL in Slic3r. You just rotate is on the X or Y axis to flip it.
July 12, 2014 01:39AM
Slicer allows you to rotate around the Z axis - the side that is down stays down. You cannot, however, rotate around either the X axis or the Y axis. You need an external program to do that.
July 12, 2014 11:11AM
do you know what program and how i can make it work with slic3r
July 12, 2014 11:48AM
Get netfabb basic like some one posted above, open the stl then move it how you want it, then save it as stl then open it slicer, slice it ding dang do the object the way you want it magic

Check my rubbish blog for my prusa i3

up and running
[3dimetech.blogspot.co.uk]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login