Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Inquiry to get listed as US supplier.

Posted by Dan_FolgerTech 
Inquiry to get listed as US supplier.
July 16, 2014 10:19AM
Hey Guys,
My name is Dan I am the manager for a US based 3D Printer part supplier. I am curious as to how we can get listed as a supplier here and on the reprap wiki. We have been in business for over a year now, we have a huge customer base in fact some of you have probably purchased from us. We have a decent size eBay store and we just recently launched our webstore. We ship from the US within 24 hours and we can handle large bulk orders with discounts available. Can someone just fill me in on what the process is to get listed on here? Feel free to check us out, I can provide references if needed. I will list the 2 websites below if this is against the forum rules I understand if you edit the post. Thanks for reading I look forward to the responses!

Webstore:
[shop.folgertechnologies.com]

eBay Store:
[stores.ebay.com]

Thanks again!

Dan
Folger Technolgies
Re: Inquiry to get listed as US supplier.
July 16, 2014 10:21AM
I didn't want to put this in the "Sales" section because I am more interested in how to become a permanent presence in the community. Please advise how to proceed.
July 16, 2014 12:12PM
I don't know how ya get listed, but i got to say I've spent a good bit of money getting parts from them, and haven't been disappointed yet.
July 16, 2014 12:33PM
Thanks for the feedback Mike, glad we could help!
July 16, 2014 01:13PM
You modify the wiki page, which requires you create an email account. AFAIK there isn't a prohibition for a retailer to add their own name to the list or modifying other wiki pages. Blatently self serving modifications aside from adding to a supplier list would be frowned on for obvious reasons.

And echoing madmike8, I too purchased a majority of my printer's non-printed parts from Folger Technologies/sidewinderinc and was very happy with the price, quality, and prompt shipping.
July 16, 2014 01:22PM
cdru
You modify the wiki page, which requires you create an email account. AFAIK there isn't a prohibition for a retailer to add their own name to the list or modifying other wiki pages. Blatently self serving modifications aside from adding to a supplier list would be frowned on for obvious reasons.

And echoing madmike8, I too purchased a majority of my printer's non-printed parts from Folger Technologies/sidewinderinc and was very happy with the price, quality, and prompt shipping.

I thought that myself but I can't seem to find the supplier page on there anymore, I thought there was a link to it on the right side (or used to be). I will go peruse a bit more and see what I can find. And thanks for the feedback! We have been steadily growing about 15-20% per month and that is without advertising, I can't wait to see what the future holds for us and for 3D printing.

Thanks again!
July 16, 2014 01:40PM
[reprap.org]

Realizer- One who realizes dreams by making them a reality either by possibility or by completion. Also creating or renewing hopes of dreams.
"keep in mind, even the best printer can not print with the best filament if the user is the problem." -Ohmarinus
July 16, 2014 01:50PM
MrDoctorDIV
[reprap.org]

Thank you sir, I have added us to the list. Fast response time on here, thanks again guys!
A2
July 16, 2014 06:04PM
Post your sale items, over stock, ect. products in the For Sale forum, [forums.reprap.org], you can bump your posting up to the top as often as you like.
July 16, 2014 08:17PM
http://shop.folgertechnologies.com/175mm-Black-000282.htm

$199.99 for 1.75mm filament?!?!?!?!? confused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2014 08:18PM by vreihen.
July 16, 2014 09:27PM
vreihen
http://shop.folgertechnologies.com/175mm-Black-000282.htm

$199.99 for 1.75mm filament?!?!?!?!? confused smiley

$175 sound ok? Haha the website is new I haven't completely finished it yet, though our eBay store has more obviously the website will be cheaper. I should be done by weeks end adding all products and updating pricing and pictures.
July 17, 2014 12:19AM
US supplier is just a fancy way of saying Chinese importer. You people sicken me.
July 17, 2014 04:15AM
Dan_FolgerTech
I am curious as to how we can get listed as a supplier here and on the reprap wiki.

RepRap is a maker and developer community, neither an advertising club nor a link lister.

As such, adding nothing but shop links is a bit suspicious. Nevertheless, each wiki page describing a piece of technology has a "how to get it" section (or similar), where you can add yourself.

If you make things which have no wiki page, yet, create one. Describe how the particular thing works, add source files (we strongly prefer Open Source/Open Hardware), describe how to make the thing DIY, how to calibrate it, and so on.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

July 17, 2014 07:11AM
pbrstreetgang
US supplier is just a fancy way of saying Chinese importer. You people sicken me.

That's harsh, though we do import some items we also try to source a majority of it through US small business where we can. I would also mention that the computer you are using is probably made in China.

We also do all our hot end assemblies and wiring assembles in-house. And we provide jobs to people in our community. So say what you will, we are not bad people.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2014 04:11PM by Dan_FolgerTech.
July 17, 2014 02:26PM
That is harsh, and rash. China imports are not inherently bad, just a majority of them are, not 100%.
He obviously has a few buyers here that like and enjoy his products, so he's achieved what few do and got the good stuff from China. With that, I've got nothing negative to say about how he does business.
If he was truly all US, his prices would be far higher. People would then go elsewhere to get cheap stuff, leaving him without business and others without better chances of getting good products.

Just a tip though, using "tho" does not have the most professional appeal to it. As part of a business, it is my belief that one should use proper spelling, grammar, and professionalism. Just my belief. Good products are good products, despite people not buying because of personal problems.
Also, $200 for a KG of filament is insanely expensive. You'll find many suppliers charging sub-$30 per KG. My favorite, 3DXTech, charges $38 for their premium ABS. Let me tell you, it is most definitely premium. I'll never buy from another place so far as I can help it [different colors/specialty filaments aside].

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2014 02:31PM by MrDoctorDIV.

Realizer- One who realizes dreams by making them a reality either by possibility or by completion. Also creating or renewing hopes of dreams.
"keep in mind, even the best printer can not print with the best filament if the user is the problem." -Ohmarinus
July 17, 2014 04:15PM
MrDoctorDIV
Just a tip though, using "tho" does not have the most professional appeal to it.].[/quote

Thanks for the input. I was using my phone didn't even notice the grammatical error there. I do appreciate you taking the time to comment. The Filament pricing was done that way because when I initially setup the web-store I had no filament in stock, however we were having issues getting the stock to show up correctly so I just put an astronomical price to steer people away from purchasing. Again thanks for taking the time to read and chime in!

Also I noticed on the wiki there is a really small amount of information on the all metal style hot ends, is there a reason for this or just not a lot people using them right now?

Dan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2014 04:17PM by Dan_FolgerTech.
July 17, 2014 04:33PM
pbrstreetgang
Get off your high horse. People expect their $Country-based suppplier to be based in $Country, not necessarily that THEIR suppliers were also $Country-based. I don't particularly care where THEY source their parts from as long as it meets my quality requirement. Rather I prefer that it's not going to take me forever and a day to get to me and there's someone I can contact if there is a problem. People still call GM, Ford, and Chrysler US automobile suppliers despite a good number of components were made, or final assembly was performed, outside the country.
July 17, 2014 08:14PM
I did buy a used laptop from a friend of mine who didn't want it anymore. I think that's a little different from buying a pallet of laptops from China and retailing them. But I do resent a Chinese junk shop, that makes no effort to post designs for the open source community, floating it out there, in the general section, touting themselves as a US supplier.
July 18, 2014 01:47PM
I purchased some 8mm smooth rods from sidewinder/folgertech and USPS of course damaged the packaging and the rods fell out which they then delivered an empty package. I told Folgertech what happened and they promptly shipped replacements. After months of use the rods did not show any signs of wear from lm8uu bearings and are still in perfect condtion. I would not hesitate to do business with them again!
July 18, 2014 04:31PM
I bought some belts and pulleys from sidewinderinc/FoldgerTech, and am very pleased with their quality, I got a good price, too. I also ordered some ABS filament from Dan too, but it isn't very good at all, however it was the cheapest stuff on eBay, and I suppose at about $18 a roll, you get what you pay for! Overall, I am pretty pleased with FoldgerTech, and would like to see him involved in the RepRap community.

Thingiverse Profile
July 18, 2014 04:44PM
3D-ME
I. I also ordered some ABS filament from Dan too, but it isn't very good at all, however it was the cheapest stuff on eBay, and I suppose at about $18 a roll, you get what you pay for! Overall, I am pretty pleased with FoldgerTech, and would like to see him involved in the RepRap community.

Thanks! We lowered the price on that filament, we also were pretty disappointed. We just got some new stuff in that I've been pretty happy with.

Still a bit of trial and error like any new business.

I am interested in trying to print with the nylon cable I've read a bit about.
July 18, 2014 05:19PM
That's the problem with importing filament from China. When you get a bad batch, it costs more to ship it back. So you're stuck with it. You should've just ate the cost instead of pawning it off on unsuspecting clients. But, that's what you get with this kind of people. You're a true capitalist Danny.
July 18, 2014 06:12PM
pbrstreetgang
That's the problem with importing filament from China. When you get a bad batch, it costs more to ship it back. So you're stuck with it. You should've just ate the cost instead of pawning it off on unsuspecting clients. But, that's what you get with this kind of people. You're a true capitalist Danny.

Dan: something about this forum is our resident troll, currently known as pbrstreetgang originally ohioplastics, although that'll change again once we ban him for um-teenth time don't let him ruffle your feathers it's not worth the time and stress he's having trouble getting the what the idea of being banned actually means, he's a bit of a living contradiction with a bit of a twisted view on what capitalism should be , to give you and idea of his hidden motive he's also the producer of the jhead-lite and also advertises on this forum and on the wiki

he was originally banned because he became abusive and started trolling the forum

-=( blog )=- -=( thingiverse )=- -=( 3Dindustries )=- -=( Aluhotend - mostly metal hotend)=--=( Facebook )=-

July 18, 2014 06:35PM
thejollygrimreaper
pbrstreetgang

Dan: something about this forum is our resident troll, currently known as pbrstreetgang originally ohioplastics, although that'll change again once we ban him for um-teenth time don't let him ruffle your feathers it's not worth the time and stress he's having trouble getting the what the idea of being banned actually means, he's a bit of a living contradiction with a bit of a twisted view on what capitalism should be , to give you and idea of his hidden motive he's also the producer of the jhead-lite and also advertises on this forum and on the wiki

he was originally banned because he became abusive and started trolling the forum

To each his own I guess. I am very pleased with the response I have received here so far. I am really looking forward to continuing my own personal 3D printing projects with the help from this community, hopefully bringing some fresh ideas myself!

I feel that we should close this thread as it did get a bit off topic kind of quick, although I love the great feedback from some of our customers I don't want this to turn into any kind of flame war. What hurts the most is I actually enjoy PBR once in awhile.smileys with beer
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.