Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reprap discount full graphic smart controller not workingconfused smileyconfused smileyangry smileyconfused smiley

Posted by ikaarus 
Reprap discount full graphic smart controller not workingconfused smileyconfused smileyangry smileyconfused smiley
July 16, 2014 04:05PM
Hi i am trying to run my lcd screen. I use marlin firmware. I did change “#define REPRAP_DISCOUNT_FULL_GRAPHIC_SMART_CONTROLLER” (just remove the // at the beginning).
So it is not working. My 20x4 lcd screen is running fine. Ithink its not about ramps or arduino problem. Something is wrong in my marlin code or lcd module. How can i fix that problem.

Thanks.

Re: Reprap discount full graphic smart controller not workingconfused smileyconfused smileyangry smileyconfused smiley
July 16, 2014 05:19PM
Did you include the U8qlib.h library in you're Configuration.h?

The top of youre configuration.h file should look like this.

#include U8glib.h
#ifndef CONFIGURATION_H
#define CONFIGURATION_H

// This configurtion file contains the basic settings.
// Advanced settings can be found in Configuration_adv.h
// BASIC SETTINGS: select your board type, temperature sensor type, axis scaling, and endstop configuration

Adding the library to the Arduino IDE, And adding it to the sketch are two different things.
Im new to 3d printers but this worked for me,Hope it helps you!
Re: Reprap discount full graphic smart controller not workingconfused smileyconfused smileyangry smileyconfused smiley
July 16, 2014 08:08PM
Now my lcd working.. Thank yousmiling smiley

I am looking ug8 font generator for change my home screen. How should I do this? What would you recommend me.
July 16, 2014 10:03PM
Glad to hear that you got you're LCD sorted out! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I'm not sure about a ug8 font generator.I haven't got that far yet, As I am kinda new to Reprap 3D printing.
But maybe something like this?

[www.imaginaryindustries.com]

Hopefully! Some one more educated then myself can give you a better explanation.
July 19, 2014 05:03PM
Thank you. I'm searching for a few days but did not get results. I tried graphene but export code is not working.

Any one now how to create ug8lib font code?
December 23, 2014 05:48AM
Dear friend ... what was the solution, I have the same problem, Thanks
My post

February 07, 2015 02:35PM
I'm having the same problem, screen lights up but thats it.

I've tried jherreras suggestion but to no avail. Also watched the Tom's guide on youtube

I am open to suggestions please

Could someone post what that section of their configuration.h file looks like.

Thanks

Finally got it, I had to delete the " // " in front of the #define reprap_...... right under the hyperlink in the config h

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2015 05:51PM by Tardisrepair.
February 08, 2015 08:59AM
ikaarus
Now my lcd working.. Thank yousmiling smiley

I am looking ug8 font generator for change my home screen. How should I do this? What would you recommend me.

Ceck this post

discount full graphic change boot image

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2015 09:00AM by tatubias.
February 16, 2015 07:17PM
Having trouble getting this controller work. When turning the rotary encoder nothing happens. When I push it I get to a menu, but it is not possible to scroll down the menu. Display works fine, but it is useless if I'm not able to navigate with the turn knob. Controller is the one pictured earlier in this thread from Robotale.
February 18, 2015 09:01AM
blim
Having trouble getting this controller work. When turning the rotary encoder nothing happens. When I push it I get to a menu, but it is not possible to scroll down the menu. Display works fine, but it is useless if I'm not able to navigate with the turn knob. Controller is the one pictured earlier in this thread from Robotale.

I had the same problem and posted question about it a while back. Haven't been able to find an answer yet....
February 28, 2015 06:20AM
psneddon
blim

I had the same problem and posted question about it a while back. Haven't been able to find an answer yet....

Are the 2 cables connected?

You need both for the rotary work. In one connector goes the lcd and the click of the rotarty knob. In the other the movements. Also i think the sd
March 04, 2015 08:46AM
I had the same problem with the blank screen.
I just flipped the cable connections on the controller and it lighted up with the graphic on starting power.
April 17, 2015 06:42AM
No way to get the Full Graphic LCD to work.
I tried two of them, on two Arduino/Ramps boards, using two different U8glib versions.
No chance. The screen remains blue with no graphic on it.

Pietro Meloni

ShareMind

Guida alle stampanti 3D per uso personale
April 17, 2015 10:08PM
I received 2 of them this week. One of them works as expected the other has problems with the display. Turning the contrast resistor all the way counterclockwise, the display is barely visible. I also had one cable that was intermittent.I saw someone mention a resistor to fix the contrast issue. I will see if I can find it and post link here.

These are labeled with bigtree-tech website.. If you want a laugh, go look, site is completely unfinished.
here's that link
[forums.reprap.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2015 10:36PM by cat.farmer.
November 07, 2015 07:20AM
I found a small piece of tin leftover between the gnd and the rotery encoder pin. (It's an bigtree-tech btw) After removing it the rotary works like well.
February 18, 2016 11:14AM
i have similar problems with my reprap discount full graphic smart controller encoder which is also from bigtree, im using arduino mega2560 with ramps1.4, arduino 1.6.7 with u8glib v1.18.1 installed into libraries and marlin 1.1.1-rc3 and mine shows the boot screen then the main screen with min temp err but encoder moves nothing and no beeps, the soldering on the boards look absolutely shocking though i did go over it before pluging anything in and also use an earth strap (best to be safe than sorry) but think i will have to go through it again but with a magnifying glass this time!!!

this is just a thought as i cant find info on the net, if you get min or max temp error on the display would that condition stop the encoder from being used as this would explain my problem??? if only things where that simple lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2016 11:15AM by XpTech2000.
February 18, 2016 05:23PM
HEy
Have you tried inverting the EXP1 and EXP2 cables to the connector? Please try that at different combinations.

Thanks
Bhang
February 18, 2016 05:34PM
Try attaching the EXP1 and EXP 2 cables the opposite way. and check and see if the GLCD lights up with proper display. I had a similar issue and I Inverted the connectors. after I chipped off a little bit of the male EXP1 cable it went in smoothly.. Also if there is potentiometer to adjust the brightness do adjust it . I am not saying these ARE the solutions but these were the solutions to the problem that I was facing which was the GLCD was not lighting up and there was NO display- Hence I inverted the direction of attaching the pin to its connector..the EXP1 connector and found it worked perfectly then I adjusted the brightness using the onboard potentiometer behind the GLDC in REPRAP - Using smoothiboard and its GLCD with shield. Also the location of the potentiometer is at an odd location , I would like to know if it is a design flaw or was it meant to be adjusted using a needle nose plier.
Please feel free to add or advise. Let me know if this helps ~!
Thanks

Bhang~
February 19, 2016 05:27AM
for those wondering about the little potentiometer behind the display in an odd place, from my electronics experience and background i would say that the display would normaly be conected to a translater board with a header ribbon cable which would allow users/builders to fine tune for their application and has been modified for our reprap purposes though a good idea just not a very thought through one, on mine the display and the front brightness potentiometer work fine but not the encoder and also
who ever soldered the components to the board isnt very good at it lol i can see loads of solder splatter and what looks like possible dry joints so now im going to strip the lcd board off and check/re solder all joints, bit of a ball ache but i think thats where my problem is???
April 18, 2016 04:04AM
I am having an issue getting the arduino ide to find the library for U8glib. I installed it through the Ide and the ide shows it in the gui but cant find the file when it tries to compile.
October 22, 2018 02:48PM
Reprap discount full graphic smart controller not working
blue screen
can i fix that problem.
July 06, 2020 05:53PM
Try whit this program it works for me. prog.arduino-1.0-windows from this link
[downloads.arduino.cc]
July 07, 2020 10:27AM
capion
Try whit this program it works for me. prog.arduino-1.0-windows from this link
[downloads.arduino.cc]

It's fascinating to see a 7-year old account do their first post after 7 years on a post that's over 6 years old already smiling smiley I do not think the other participants in the discussion will see this.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
July 08, 2020 06:16AM
And their solution was to use even older tech arduino version 1!!! dates around 2011.
July 08, 2020 05:18PM
Dust
And their solution was to use even older tech arduino version 1!!! dates around 2011.

I'm wondering, maybe this comment was stuck in the servers review system since 2014 or something and maybe it was just posted now? Not sure how else this could happen. I think it's quite an achievement to even find the Arduino version 1.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login