Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

List of on-site 3D printing support providers

Posted by droftarts 
List of on-site 3D printing support providers
July 24, 2014 05:58AM
Not sure if this has been done before, but I get asked about it from time to time, so thought it might be useful, much like the Printing Material Suppliers page ( [www.reprap.org] )

I know it's a bit anti the 'do it yourself' reprap mentality, but sometimes people need more support than is available over the internet. I get emails occasionally both from people who need in-the-room help, and those who supply it. So I've started a list; feel free to add to it!

[www.reprap.org]

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
Re: List of on-site 3D printing support providers
July 24, 2014 06:49AM
Oh, you ask for remuneration? That's quite interesting. Keen to see how this works out.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

July 24, 2014 08:32AM
Traumflug, that's just an example entry. If people want to provide help for free, it's up to them. But if you were asked to build a whole printer for someone who has doesn't have time to, for example, would you do it for free? As you well know, building and running a RepRap takes a wide range of skills and tools, and not everyone has all of them.

Also, some people are happy to pay for some local, on-site, one-to-one help! Just like when a your PC breaks down, and you don't know how to fix it, and you don't want to (or can't) send it back to the manufacturer; you may entrust it to a local PC fixer, who may come to your house to fix it.

Finally, this has nothing to do with RepRapPro; email support is provided free with our printers. I set up the page because someone asked about it; I just thought it would give people more options.

Ian
RepRapPro tech support

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2014 08:43AM by droftarts.
July 24, 2014 03:57PM
I am the someone that asked about it. I've been providing support on a paid and volunteer basis for a couple years now. I've been now reaching out to printer suppliers to let them know I am doing this in case any of their customers have issues that they need physical help with in the Toronto (GTA), Ontario, Canada area. It's been a slow start for remuneration as you may be eluding to. Mostly because the early adopters are the fix-it-yourself types. Now it's getting better since average consumers are purchasing kits or pre-built printers. Being in iT for 20 years I see this as basically under the same umbrella as my existing technology support services.
January 16, 2015 07:51AM
hi,
did my entry.
thx
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login