Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PETG

Posted by Ralph.Hilton 
PETG
July 24, 2014 12:10PM
PETG looks like a filament better in many ways than either PLA or ABS. Is there any down side to it? I'd be interested in hearing what results people have had with it.
Re: PETG
July 24, 2014 03:19PM
I think it smells like burning hair and formaldehyde.
July 24, 2014 10:14PM
Looking for PETG on the net says its the same as PET or is it something else?. I use the Taulman T-Glase which is PET. I like it. No odor, stiffer than ABS, excellent layer bonding. The surface texture isn't quite as smooth as ABS. I use low or no bed heat at a pretty high extrusion temp of 260c through a .25mm orifice with good results on relatively small parts.
July 25, 2014 03:04AM
PETG is similar to PET but with a glycol modification making it stronger. T-glase is PETT according to the Taulman site but I haven't been able to find a statement of what PETT is, as distinct from PETG. Many sites advertise PETG as T-glase so it is a bit confusing at the moment.
July 25, 2014 08:24PM
have you been able to find any raw material or pellets? I'm always looking for different materials to push through my filament maker
July 26, 2014 03:16AM
No raw material but filament for $15/kg from [www.ecoreprap.com] (it is not up on their site yet.)
November 15, 2014 08:41AM

I use low or no bed heat at a pretty high extrusion temp of 260c through a .25mm orifice with good results on relatively small parts.

Is this still working? Would be great to be able to print any of the PET's without bed heat.

Here's updated PET info:

[forums.reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login