Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Thermal Compounds for Cartridge Heater

Posted by chuttney1 
Thermal Compounds for Cartridge Heater
July 28, 2014 07:09PM
Long story short. Old extruder had ceramic stuff when I built my Prusa i2. Ceramic stuff cracked when trying to rebuild extruder because it jammed. Time for an upgrade. I've machined a simple aluminum block with possible expansion for a thermocouple. I need to find thermal compound for use with cartridge heater to ensure excellent heat transfer with no hot spots. Know any companies that supply a reasonable size tube?
Re: Thermal Compounds for Cartridge Heater
July 28, 2014 07:41PM
I am not going to swear it works but in preparation for my next hotend I bought a tube of high temp RTV silicone it's suppose to be good to 343c.

[www.permatex.com]
Anonymous User
July 28, 2014 10:39PM
+1 for silicone. It's widely available at electronics stores (Best Buy, Radio Shack) and you can pick up a gram of heat sink compund for less than $2 . It's the same thing used on the heat sink in your computers CPU. Something like this: [www.ebay.com]
July 29, 2014 07:07PM
I got a package of 'Firegum' and it's the version that can handle high temperatures.

Quite a neat product, when you apply it and then heat up your hotend, the material cooks off and becomes a ceramic-like hard material!

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login