The boards im using are mega 2560 and ramps 1.4 with marlin firmware on them.

After figuring out the right axis steps per unit for my 3D printer using calculator.josefprusa.cz, i have came to a conclusion that the best working number for my x and y axis is 5 instead of 80, this is so confusing and i know for sure that this is not correct since i am using 1/16 steppers and in my configuration_adv.h file, the microsteps has been defined as #define MICROSTEP_MODES {16,16,16,16,16}.

What is the problem?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2014 01:54PM by bardiaesm.
VDX
Re: angry smiley My drivers are 1/16 steps while my best working AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT is 5 instead of 80, Why? angry smiley
July 29, 2014 01:54PM
... are the microstep-defining jumpers set correct?

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
I dont know, how should i check?
"... are the microstep-defining jumpers set correct?"
since i assembled everything according to ramps 1.4 catalog, and all the stepers are working, I think it should be correct.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2014 02:30PM by bardiaesm.
I think for 1/16 steps you have to install all the jumpers under the motor driver chips.
Did you install all 3 jumpers under the driver chips?
Floyd
I think for 1/16 steps you have to install all the jumpers under the motor driver chips.
Did you install all 3 jumpers under the driver chips?

Thank you for your reply but i dont understand what you mean, i followed everything according to ramps 1.4 catalog and google pictures, all i did was basically to insert my Pololu A4988 drivers into their place.
Did i have to do anything else than that?
Check out the picture. You have to have these three headers installed under the drivers for 1/16 stepping.
Do this with the power off obviously.
Attachments:
open | download - picture.JPG (264.7 KB)
Probably no jumper is installed, which makes it full step, which is 5 steps/mm indeed. 5 * 16 microstepping would be the desired 80 steps/mm.

http://www.i3d.ro
Floyd and MPower, thank you so much for your replies,
i checked and i realized that i dont have any jumper caps installed.
i will go head and buy them today,
Thanks again
No worries. Simple thing to overlook.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login