Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anybody add LED's to a TAZ 4 yet?

Posted by tmorris9 
Anybody add LED's to a TAZ 4 yet?
July 29, 2014 09:24PM
Just got my new TAZ 4 today and on my last printer the best mod I ever did was a halo LED ring around the hotend. Curious if anybody has added LED's to the TAZ 4 (or 3) already and if so can I see the design?

This printer has a fan duct right near the hotend so I can't do it just like I did on the last printer. I will figure it out but just wanted to see if anyone has already done it?

Thanks!
Re: Anybody add LED's to a TAZ 4 yet?
July 30, 2014 08:40AM
Have you tried using the two screws that hold the buddaschnozzle to the extruder? I'm pretty sure you could fit a ring of LEDs around the top of the nozzle and between the nozzle and fan

Another alternative would be to use the screws that are at the bottom of the quick-release extruder-holder (looks like a stretched out V). That would allow you to go just under the fan.
Re: Anybody add LED's to a TAZ 4 yet?
July 30, 2014 03:35PM
That is what I did on my old printer. But the TAZ has an air duct from the fan down to the nozzle and has no room for an led ring between.

If I don't find anything better I will bolt a strip led to the mount for the extruder.

I like the rings of LEDs as they leave no shadowed areas but unless I remove the fan shroud it's not going to work on this printer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login