Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

pcb group buy

Posted by ZachHoeken 
Re: pcb group buy
May 06, 2007 10:16PM
I would love to have a set. Please count me in as well.
May 07, 2007 09:41AM
we'll be launching an online store here shortly...
May 07, 2007 11:00AM
err... is that a joke Zach or is it for real? smiling smiley
Anonymous User
May 07, 2007 12:52PM
I'll take a set as well Zach if they're going spare, although I still need to figure out how to deal with stepper motors with different voltages (12v .9 deg steppers seem rare in the States for some reason).
May 07, 2007 04:51PM
yup, its for real. i'll be making an 'official' announcement soon once things are finalized, but since the forums is mostly people very interested in the project let me say this: non-profit reprap parts distribution company. :^)
May 07, 2007 05:33PM
I hear you! smiling smiley
Anonymous User
May 08, 2007 06:00PM
Viva la RepRap! Power to the self-replicating manufacturer bots!
May 13, 2007 04:42PM
Is this going to be all the circuits needed to run a RepRap? Even if not, count me in. This is a good deal and I want all the electronics and software to be as easy as possible. I can do most of it anyway, but I don't really understand it all so anything done for me would be great.
May 13, 2007 10:10PM
yup. these are the boards for all the electronics you need. then you just buy the parts off mouser, etc and then solder them in, and wire them up.

they are in production right now and we're just waiting for the first batch.
May 16, 2007 01:00PM
I'd be very interested in at least one set of PCBs. Also the rep parts, but I guess that's another thread...

Steve

----
[www.siblingmedia.com]
May 22, 2007 07:03PM
Hey there!

Ill be interested in a set as well, and all teh otehr electronics (steppers, etc) once you get that worked out.

James
jpickeri@gmail.com
May 22, 2007 10:01PM
actually, we just launched the online store. [parts.rrrf.org]

we only have 13 universal boards, so get them while they're hot. i'll put in a new order tomorrow (so we'll have more boards in 10 days)
Anonymous User
May 22, 2007 10:20PM
Online store looks great, thanks Zach!

What about people who joined to buy kit in this forum thread? Have they already got a reserved part? or should they buy it online on the new online store?

Cheers,

Alex
May 23, 2007 02:26AM
Ahh! This is great! It'll be so much easier to find the right stuff now. Thanks a lot smiling smiley

p.s.: Bear in mind that, by having an "official" store, you're losing some competition that might keep you "honest", for want of a better word (it's early; sorry!). People will buy there for convenience and certainty, and it may well be the only place to buy some things, so some degree of self-regulation of profit margins etc. will be necessary. RepRap is refreshingly altruistic so far, from what I've seen of it, compared to some other fabber/printer projects. I hope to still be able to point free software people to it, after it's gained a lot of popularity, and say that it's still doing the right thing smiling smiley
May 23, 2007 02:29AM
Oh, I just saw the blog entry saying that this is under a new non-profit. Even better! smiling smiley
May 23, 2007 05:44PM
it should all be done through the store. unfortunately, i only have enough boards for 3-4 sets. i ordered more boards, so we'll be well stocked in 2 weeks.
May 23, 2007 05:54PM
yup, that was one of the major decisions we made when forming the RRRF. we wanted to have a way to easily supply researchers with parts, and we also wanted to keep going with the free and open nature of the project. i think that the non-profit aspect of the foundation is crucial.

this project is about building cool stuff. since we're dealing with real objects, unfortunately money has to be involved. by going the route of a non-profit, we're saying... yes we accept that money has to be involved, but we have higher priorities... like making cool stuff!
May 23, 2007 06:31PM
Hi Zack smiling smiley First off... thanks for doing this; it's going to make things a LOT easier for me, not having to make PCBs and stuff.

Are there many other components to be added to the store? I guess there are lots of other resisters and stuff, but... there seems to be a lot of special joints and stuff that are used for the frame. I guess they're coming to the store sooner or later too -- or is there some other way we need to get those?
sid
May 26, 2007 11:05AM
I've just seen an ebay auction for pcbs...
seems to be very affordable (chinese production, retailer around my corner)

the price is 60 Euros... per squaremeter (single sided, hal, solder resist included) or 110 Euros double sided (if i calculated right thats less than 90cent per controlercard and about 50 cent per powercom!)

see ebay auction# 290118797925 for reference.

If you like me to ask (because of the retailer around my corner) I'll go
and get the informations.

cheers
'sid

(ps that's the dead of my printer researches I'd guess winking smiley)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2007 12:32PM by sid.
May 26, 2007 02:40PM
yup. once i get a printer, the first step will be to get it to print off those parts and offer them for sale in the store. the problem right now is we dont have a fully working bot, so you either have to custom make those parts or use a commercial machine which means big $$$.
Anonymous User
June 14, 2007 04:50AM
ZachHoeken Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> can anyone find a better deal?
better deal? why not buy PCBs directly from the manufacturer? if you don't insist to make it by yourself, this printed circuit board company is a good choice for group buy!
June 14, 2007 09:38AM
thats what we do... we buy them from a manufacturer. if anyone can find a better deal than [www.goldphoenixpcb.biz] please let us know. unfortunately, there were no prices on that website, so i cant tell if they are better or not.
Anonymous User
June 14, 2007 08:31PM
i guess price is negotiable, cause i am not their staff, i can't give you the price list, but your any inquiry is warmly welcomed!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login