Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Chinese extruder problem?

Posted by bardiaesm 
Chinese extruder problem?
August 24, 2014 03:16PM
Hello,
I have purchased a Chinese extruder from eBay, Please open the following link to see a picture: [s1245.photobucket.com]
The problem I'm having is that whenever Im pushing a new filament in, it extrudes it perfectly but as soon as it stops and i click extrude again, it doesn't extrude even though the gear is still turning, I have played with the spring alot but still cant get it working, what do you think seems to be the problem?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2014 03:22PM by bardiaesm.
Re: Chinese extruder problem?
August 24, 2014 04:36PM
I would check to make sure my tooth gear was gripping my filament. Looking at the picture I see there is a smooth idler on the end of the toothed gear if the filament is running up over that there might not be enough bite to push it through. After that I would tighten the spring down to it's max and slowly back it off. The last thing I would look at is your stepper motor it might be malfunctioning and just not providing enough torque to drag the filament through.

Thanks Mike
August 24, 2014 05:11PM
bardiaesm
Hello,
I have purchased a Chinese extruder from eBay, Please open the following link to see a picture: [s1245.photobucket.com]
The problem I'm having is that whenever Im pushing a new filament in, it extrudes it perfectly but as soon as it stops and i click extrude again, it doesn't extrude even though the gear is still turning, I have played with the spring alot but still cant get it working, what do you think seems to be the problem?

i would talk to the seller and ask them as they should be supporting it, the problem is mostly likely the drive gear which is completely unsuitable for driving filament

-=( blog )=- -=( thingiverse )=- -=( 3Dindustries )=- -=( Aluhotend - mostly metal hotend)=--=( Facebook )=-

August 25, 2014 12:49PM
The extruder u r talking about is of poor quality and the reason of the clicking is because the hot end is not manufactured properly and needs a lot of force for extruding the filament which the motor cant provide. Either lower the speed or increase the temperature. I had got one of these with my first prusa i2 kit 2 years back and it went strraight to the bin
August 25, 2014 02:04PM
ekaggrat
The extruder u r talking about is of poor quality and the reason of the clicking is because the hot end is not manufactured properly and needs a lot of force for extruding the filament which the motor cant provide. Either lower the speed or increase the temperature. I had got one of these with my first prusa i2 kit 2 years back and it went strraight to the bin

I could imagine the extruder still working fine in a bowden setup without the hotend. A waste to throw the extruder away.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login