Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The printer stops by itself

Posted by DBS 
DBS
The printer stops by itself
August 25, 2014 12:29AM
Hi,

Yesterday I saw that the printer stops by itself, without any warnings. I have to restart Pronterface OR to press Pause and Resume.
No warnings, no PC load - nothing... The problem occurs incidentally.
I have one USB WiFi adapter connected to the PC, but I disabled it. Nothing else is connected to USB.

Some one with such problem / decision?
Re: The printer stops by itself
August 25, 2014 05:41AM
Motor Drivers could be getting hot and shuting down,,,I have/had an issue around the plug socket in another room if its switched on causes the PC to stop communicating with the printer. What about the USB port you got a sound connection, give the cable a knock to test that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2014 05:41AM by jinx.
DBS
August 25, 2014 07:57AM
The all kit: Arduino Mega + RAMPS 1.4 + 5pcs A4988 are cooled with 80mm fan at full speed from 2 sm distance. All is cold (checked that!)

USB cable is longer than 1 meter... I'll measure it today.

I plane to change thil long USB cable with 2 shorter and ticker + active USB hub in the middle.

In addition, I'll use Repetier-host instead of Pronterface, but it is not a problem by me. Just Repetier's interface is more comfortable for me.

I think that the problems is in USB cable OR in Windows 7. As I saw, the 64 bit versions reports for a such problem.

BR
August 25, 2014 08:11AM
I made a boo boo the other day.
I was printing from the sd card all well and good.
For some silly reason i plugged in the usb cable which caused the arduino mega to reboot.
Which obviously stopped the print. 4 hours into a 6 hour print.

Is it possible you caused the arduino in the ramps kit to reset by starting an application that causes the usb to disconnect/reconnect.
Or the usb lead came loose or re connected.

Gordon
DBS
August 26, 2014 01:39AM
Yesterday I had no time to print..... Just to make settings with Repetier and table leveling.... I spend more than one hour to add Z probe, because Zmin Endswitch do not work correctly for me.

I changed too the USB cable, that occured 1,5 m long with one thicker and shorter USB-A -> USB-B + Powered USB hub + one (unfortunately) long USB-A -> Mini USB cable. This evening I'll try to find shorter and ticker USB-A -> Mini USB cable, and hope will do some real tests.

BR

Denis

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2014 01:44AM by DBS.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login