Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Get a printer design accepted.

Posted by Cliff Mellangård 
Get a printer design accepted.
August 28, 2014 06:11AM
I have tinkered for a while with a printer design that I have released a wip off on thingiverse.
Wath do I do to get it in to the wiki and get its own thread in the forum ????
I made it to be a ultra cheap mini printer.
[www.thingiverse.com]

its still early in progress but I feelt that it where ready for a first release.
Re: Get a printer design accepted.
August 28, 2014 09:59AM
If we made a new thread for every new design, we would have an extremely high thread count. As far as I understand, the threads made for printers are typically those that are popular/were popular. Don't ask me anything more specific, because I really don't know. I just know that a majority of designs will not get a thread, whether they want it or not, to keep the number of threads down.

Realizer- One who realizes dreams by making them a reality either by possibility or by completion. Also creating or renewing hopes of dreams.
"keep in mind, even the best printer can not print with the best filament if the user is the problem." -Ohmarinus
August 28, 2014 10:24AM
Cliff Mellangård
What do I do to get it in to the wiki ??
Just make a page! Anyone can edit the wiki. There is a tutorial to help you get started if you need help.

Cliff Mellangård
and get its own thread in the forum ??
There is a difference between a thread and a subforum. I think MrDoctorDIV is referring to subforums, even though he is using the term "thread". We try to limit the number of subforums because there are already too many. But making a thread for your machine is good - just make a new thread! The Developers subforum is a good place for this, and you can see that many people have threads there for their own machines.
August 28, 2014 12:15PM
you ask one of the admins about adding your printer design model.
August 28, 2014 05:51PM
Mr doctor it where a question smiling smiley

Thanks guys I will keep this in mind.
I pretty much have got it rolling thru the facebook reprap group and that's good for a start.
Nead to add my latest changes to the design also.
September 05, 2014 03:45AM
'you ask one of the admins about adding your printer design model.'

this can be done in the forum Administration, Announcements, Policy

here: [forums.reprap.org]
September 05, 2014 06:34AM
It looks a bit unstable at the top to me especially with the reel of filament as shown on thingiverse. I would think some sort of bracing is needed to stop Y direction movement.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login