Hello,

A seller named "techzonestore" (US based) has recently started selling RepRap electronics & thick sheet kits on ebay.

For what I can see, he sold a few kits already; about 12 thick sheet kits and about 15 electronics kits. Those sales took place in the last few days, and so far no feedback has been given back to the seller for any of those sales. I actually bought one kit from this seller a few days ago, but as I'm in Europe, it won't show up in the mail for a few more days/weeks at the earliest I guess.

The question is: does this seller actually deliver? Any feedback about the quality of the supplied stuff?

If you happened to buy and get your stuff from this seller, please let the rest of us know!

Thanks in advance

Py
Re: Experience with seller "techzonestore" on ebay?
March 21, 2010 03:48PM
I can't comment on the thick sheet material, but this seller is associated with the seller from whom I bought my electronics. In that case, the parts were shipped on time, arrived in good shape, were just as described. I haven't finished my Mendel yet, so I can't guarantee that the functionality is there, but I had several email conversations with them, they were easy to work with, informative, willing to work with me on any concerns or questions, and seem very knowledgeable.

Hope that helps put your mind a little at ease.

They are also from my home state of Idaho (I live in Utah now) just a few miles from where I grew up
March 21, 2010 03:50PM
Kimberly is part of the forum. I ordered a kit of electronics from her. She told a new batch was going through and it would be a week plus. Arrived just as predicted. Both email and telephone contact was very friendly and informative.

I am still a long time from building my Mendel, and I am going to the RapOnABoard that mccyon is developing for the McWire offshoot, so I can not speak to how well the parts work. But the construction quality looks good.

Mike

Team Open Air
Blog Team Open Air
rocket scientists think LIGHTYEARS outside the box!
Thanks Idaholion and rocket_scientist for the feedback.

Good to know it's a known RepRap community member with some track history. I'm not of the overly suspicious type of guy, but I'm so eager to get my Mendel up & running... You know what I mean! I guess I just have to wait for the postman now :-)

Hopefully when the electronics kit shows up, my Mendel will be mechanically ready. I already have a set of printed parts, so most of the rest is easier to grab than those damned printed parts & electronics!

Py
March 22, 2010 10:00AM
Py Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mendel will be mechanically ready. I already have
> a set of printed parts

Lucky boy! Post pictures!
March 22, 2010 06:55PM
Today I received some thick sheets from Techzonestore that I ordered last week. They look great!

Here is a pic:

----
[www.binaryconstruct.com]
jeffpark, thanks for the feedback! This kit indeed looks very good! Can't wait!

Arvin, I will if & when I can find my damned digital camera... I have been looking for it for days, no luck so far... But I can already tell you that they're very nice PLA parts ;-)
HI,

We bought a full lasercut RepRap from techzonestore. And they received the payment on 30th of April.

We are in the UK, and eBay said that the package will arrive by 12th of May, using the USPS Express Mail.

We need the RepRap quite urgently for our project, so can anyone give us their phone+email?

Many thanks.
May 13, 2010 09:14AM
My experience with techzonestore was not very positive. You can PM me for details.
May 14, 2010 01:12AM
I purchased a fully assembled electronics kit from techzonestore just a few days ago and received word today that my e-check was deposited. I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of the electronics so I can start on my build.
May 14, 2010 12:28PM
I took a look at their listings too, and they now have some positive feedback from some of the RepRap parts they have delivered. Doesn't seem like a bad bet, but honestly, your only looking at saving around $40 depending on final bid over ordering them from a reseller like Makerbot.com. I usually only look at buying from individuals if there is a big cost savings simply because the risk of dealing with tons of headaches if the wrong parts, or broken pieces are received.

Here is a snippet from my parts list that I created yesterday:

Part Qty Price Shipping Total Source
RepRap gen3 electronics   $277.10     [dev.www.reprap.org]
RepRap Motherboard v1.2 1 $59.00 $11.00 $70.00 [store.makerbot.com]
Stepper Motor Driver v2.3 3 $35.00   $105.00 [store.makerbot.com]
Opto Endstop v2.1 6 $2.85   $17.10 [store.makerbot.com]
Extruder Controller v2.2 1 $50.00   $50.00 [store.makerbot.com]
ATX Power Supply 1 $35.00   $35.00 [store.makerbot.com]
May 14, 2010 12:37PM
That was probably the wrong estimate. A package that size would take more than 12 days through customs.

dinh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> HI,
>
> We bought a full lasercut RepRap from
> techzonestore. And they received the payment on
> 30th of April.
>
> We are in the UK, and eBay said that the package
> will arrive by 12th of May, using the USPS Express
> Mail.
>
> We need the RepRap quite urgently for our project,
> so can anyone give us their phone+email?
>
> Many thanks.
May 14, 2010 12:45PM
Price is one thing, availability is just as important. And the kit from techzonestore doesn't need any modifications for the mendel.

I ordered a complete electronics kit from techzonestore 18.april.2010, they estimated the delivery to Norway to be between 29.april - 4.may, but nothing has showed up yet. What's strange is the tracking number I received doesn't show anything other than "Electronic Shipping Info Received" on USPS.

Sent them an email about it just yesterday, so I'm eagerly awaiting their response.
May 14, 2010 03:34PM
Nudel
What's strange is the tracking number I received doesn't show anything other than "Electronic Shipping Info Received" on USPS.

I wouldn't worry about it too much.

I have received a number of USPS packages from the States in the last couple of months (I live in Germany) and every time except once it showed "Electronic Shipping Info Received" even AFTER I had received the package.

Only on my MakerBot order did I at least see 'prepared for overseas shipping" or similar, but that was it.

UPS tracking is great, USPS sucks!

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
May 18, 2010 12:13AM
We have had some ups and downs, most recently we received the wrong threaded rod and defective chips. This caused delays on several of our orders(un-soldering and re-soldering surface mount chips can be real buger as can the threaded rod not combining with the nuts and bolt you order it for.) Both suppliers fixed the problems, but it took over a week to receive the corrected parts. We have hopefully set-up systems to not allow situations like these to slow down our shipping in the future. We are working on packaging and shipping the backed up orders and are very sorry for any inconvenience it may have caused any of you. We have hired additional help to help us correct the situations and want to thank you for your understanding and apologize for the necessity.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login