Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Delamination tall print

Posted by OttoBunge 
Delamination tall print
September 05, 2014 02:30AM
How did you guys solve the delamination problem in tall slim prints? (with a good infill I can avoid any serious delamination)
Layer height: 0.2
print speed: 30mm/s
ABS temp: 235°C
HPB temp: starts at 90°C goes to 110°C
[imgur.com]
Re: Delamination tall print
September 05, 2014 04:39AM
OttoBunge
How did you guys solve the delamination problem in tall slim prints? (with a good infill I can avoid any serious delamination)
Layer height: 0.2
print speed: 30mm/s
ABS temp: 235°C
HPB temp: starts at 90°C goes to 110°C
[imgur.com]

Increase speed, increase temperature to 245 or more depending on the filament and enclose print in heated chamber without any draughts.
No fan

You only learn when you change your mind.
[www.deltaprinter.co.za]
September 05, 2014 04:59AM
put your printer into a cardboard box, cut a hole for your filament and heat bed.
seal the box with tape.
the box will keep the heat in and will be good until you have a more permanent solution,
draw a square on the box for the porthole and cut 3 of the 4 corners, then you can view your work.

start the heatbed at 110 and keep at 110 (use cork under heatbed)
start extruder at 245 and keep at 245
September 06, 2014 05:31AM
Gonna try that as soon as I can, printing in PLA right now
September 06, 2014 09:49AM
make sure electronics air well cooled, possibly away from build, as electronics heat up, motors are mis-aligned and skip steps.
mine are joint to the body of the printer, as of today i have installed a fan on the box and made it so the flow does not get to the print bed.
there are free fan pin near the D1 or D2 diode.
September 06, 2014 06:59PM
i use hexagon infill with abs and high temps and i usually build a wall right into the stl that is the same height as the part but 3mm farther. you also could use skirt feature.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login