Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

buying a 3d printer need help

Posted by rhk187 
buying a 3d printer need help
September 07, 2014 12:12AM
hey there 3d printer guys i have read quit a bit off this sight and i am very impressed with ow much you guys are doing now. My girlfriend is buying me a 3d printer she is on a budget of 650 like this one [www.ebay.com]

i my self like the delta style printers i think the look more expandable and just cooler but i need your help deciding what to get i did see some cheep deltas in the for sale section of reprap.org but they reminded me of a chines knock off lol

i also did see the pie lll and 3DR and both looked really good but after looking into what it takes to build one i am not sure if i could do it from scratch like those guys did much props by the way

lastly i don't really care how fast it is i will be using it for prototyping my inventions and build size seams the most important to me at this time. any suggestions would be great
Re: buying a 3d printer need help
September 07, 2014 04:01AM
any one try one of these out or ever ordered from them [www.reprap.cn]

price is + 85 shipping to usa just dont want to make a bad choice given my limited price range

also on the delta models cant you just extend the side 3 main bars to get more height
September 07, 2014 07:38AM
If you are looking at the solidoodle buy direct [www.solidoodle.com]

Ben
September 07, 2014 08:19AM
Starting off with a delta is quite a learning curve. In your price range this is a larger printer which I think you will find much easier to set up:
[www.makerfarm.com]
September 08, 2014 09:41PM
what do you huys think of this one it seams to good to be true

[www.kickstarter.com]
September 08, 2014 11:24PM
Don't do Solidoodle, unreliable and not engineered well. Took a lot of modding, mostly by Lawsy, to get the things to even work. It's not built on sound principles.
If it's on Kickstarter and it's too good to be true, it either is, or it will not reach your hands until a year after making it true despite shipping time claims. A rare dime that a Kickstarter leaves on time, dreamy good or not.
Deltas do have quite the learning cure, 3D printers by nature require at least some mechanical inclination, a delta will require much more.

I know more about what to avoid than what to go to, I've seen plenty of people screwed over and the only way to get what I wanted was to design my own, so I haven't exactly studied what is good. Sorry to not offer much more than warning.

Realizer- One who realizes dreams by making them a reality either by possibility or by completion. Also creating or renewing hopes of dreams.
"keep in mind, even the best printer can not print with the best filament if the user is the problem." -Ohmarinus
September 09, 2014 05:23AM
rhk187
what do you huys think of this one it seams to good to be true
[www.kickstarter.com]
I would get a printer with a heat bed to save on warping and adhesion problems.
Also you have a minimum wait of 3 months.
September 11, 2014 12:19AM
ok well i c there are a lot of kits to build 3d printers but little instructions for the kits i do c in my price range what do you guys think would be the best i think i can build one with my experience but getting it to print is a hole other story whenn you guys built yours where did you go and did you buy a kit or get it part by part
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login