Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need help finding decent quailty filament

Posted by sAyin 
Need help finding decent quailty filament
September 07, 2014 10:05PM
Hi guys

I have researched and read some reviews about some dodgy cheap filaments going around on amazon and ebay!

Can anyone recommend or tell me your filament provider? I am based in UK so would be happy with any filament provider based in UK or EU, preferably UK!

Thanks in advance;
Re: Need help finding decent quailty filament
September 08, 2014 03:03AM
September 08, 2014 05:25AM
I am in the UK.

I am looking for a good quality 1.75mm black ABS. Most is full of regrinds.

Anybody recommend one that they have tried?
September 09, 2014 02:21AM
There is a lot of talk about black filament being made out of old dodgy stuff, floor sweepings etc - personally, I'm wondering if it's a rumor that someone started coz' they had a bad roll and the rumor just perpetuated. Who knows..
I have used black ABS from different suppliers and all of them extruded without error and without any jamming. However, it's true that not all filaments are created equal. My findings are, that despite good extrusion, some will not stick to the bed while others are more prone to de-lamination etc, etc. The best I have found, and it really is superb on my printer is manufactured by XYD in China (a bit pricey though). Yes, I am sure there is good stuff in the US for example but to get it here is too expensive for my liking.

Click here to login