Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Decent hot end?

Posted by mk3a 
Decent hot end?
September 10, 2014 12:02AM
I've been looking at the Pico from b3innovations.com to replace the piece of garbage that came with my Rostock Mini Pro kit form 3D Printer Czar and wondering if anyone has experience with it?

Thanks
Re: Decent hot end?
September 10, 2014 09:17AM
mk3a
I've been looking at the Pico from b3innovations.com to replace the piece of garbage that came with my Rostock Mini Pro kit form 3D Printer Czar and wondering if anyone has experience with it?

Thanks

what materials do you want to print with it?

-=( blog )=- -=( thingiverse )=- -=( 3Dindustries )=- -=( Aluhotend - mostly metal hotend)=--=( Facebook )=-

September 11, 2014 10:54PM
Probably PLA to start (don't have a heated bed at the moment) and eventually ABS.
September 12, 2014 06:32AM
we have a hotend comparison list on the wiki http://reprap.org/wiki/Hotend_Comparison most of those hotends supplied from the genuine sources will do Pla and Abs provided they are installed properly

-=( blog )=- -=( thingiverse )=- -=( 3Dindustries )=- -=( Aluhotend - mostly metal hotend)=--=( Facebook )=-

September 12, 2014 12:13PM
I would run a Genuine J-Head Nozzle if just running PLA or ABS. If you want to eventually run higher temp materials then spend a bit more and get an E3D or Prometheus Hot End.

Search the RepRap forums and you will find information on all three.
September 12, 2014 11:19PM
I've gone ahead and ordered the Pico. I like the simplicity of the design.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2014 09:01PM by mk3a.
September 13, 2014 07:47PM
Are you using the right slicing settings and prepping your bed right?
September 13, 2014 08:48PM
Prepping the bed is irrelevant as it is impossible to get it to extrude at all, even manually.

The hot end has a PTFE tube inside and filament won't feed all the way through it even cold. I believe it may have been damaged earlier due to a faulty thermistor. A large chunk of the mounting plate melted during an earlier test.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2014 09:00PM by mk3a.
September 17, 2014 01:37AM
Hi Mk3a, I was thinking of getting a Pico but I see you are having problems, are this problems with a new Pico hotend? I didn't know it had a PTFE tube inside.
September 17, 2014 09:19PM
plastik,

I just ordered the Pico. I don't have it yet. My problems are with the hot end I currently have. The Pico does not have a PTFE tube inside.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login