Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anyone know how to tell one E3D nozzle from another?

Posted by UkIan 
Anyone know how to tell one E3D nozzle from another?
September 28, 2014 04:35PM
Looks like some of my recent printing woes are that the nozzle on my e3d v6 head is 0.5 instead of 0.4. I've pulled a nozzle of the kraken and switched it in and things seem better.

The problem of course is, as far as I can see, none of the nozzles have a size printed on them. Any ideas?
Re: Anyone know how to tell one E3D nozzle from another?
September 28, 2014 08:26PM
The v6 solved the probelm with codes on the sides, but other than that you'll just have to compare/measure as accurately as possible practicing on known sizes.

Realizer- One who realizes dreams by making them a reality either by possibility or by completion. Also creating or renewing hopes of dreams.
"keep in mind, even the best printer can not print with the best filament if the user is the problem." -Ohmarinus
September 29, 2014 04:24AM
Codes? The dimples? Any idea what they should be? I'll go compare my iffy one with the others and see if I can spot a difference. The Krakken uses the same nozzles as the v6 afaict.
September 29, 2014 07:20AM
Nozzle markings explained:
[e3d-online.com]
September 29, 2014 06:00PM
UkIan
Looks like some of my recent printing woes are that the nozzle on my e3d v6 head is 0.5 instead of 0.4. I've pulled a nozzle of the kraken and switched it in and things seem better.

The problem of course is, as far as I can see, none of the nozzles have a size printed on them. Any ideas?

Kraken (and all E3D hotends) come with 0.4mm nozzles by default.

E3D does not produce 0.5mm nozzles.
September 30, 2014 02:53AM
greenman100
UkIan

Kraken (and all E3D hotends) come with 0.4mm nozzles by default.

E3D does not produce 0.5mm nozzles.

Yep, I'm wondering if it's just a dud. I'll know more once I've done a calibration piece with the new nozzle.
September 30, 2014 03:57PM
Just in case anyone else found the documentation terse to the point of confusing; there are dimples on some of the faces of the hex nut portion of the nozzle. Count the dimples then look up the corresponding value in the table:

0 0.25mm
1 0.30mm
2 0.35mm
3 0.40mm
4 0.60mm
5 0.80mm
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login