Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Computer stolen, Printrun doesn't work on new one. Help would be appreciated.

Posted by SamS 
Computer stolen, Printrun doesn't work on new one. Help would be appreciated.
October 23, 2014 01:30AM
Hi Everyone,

Sorry for posting in "general" but there seems to be no specific subgroup for Printrun. I'm using skeinforge which works great but for some reason I can't install Pronterface to connect to my printer! The frustrating part is that I installed it on my old computer only weeks ago but I was robbed- now on my new computer it just isn't working. I've tried the newest versions of python and 2.7 and still nothing. I double click on "pronterface" in the printrun folder and I get nothing. I got it from the kilment github and installed all of the required programs correctly. I may not have installed pyglet 1.1.4 correctly but I have no way of knowing whether It did or not (besides the obvious...) I'm running Windows 8 if that helps.

I've also tried installing the precompiled versions but they are terrible outdated by now and very glitchy for me. If anyone has any advice I would really really appreciate it as I have struggled for a long time now. Thank you!
Re: Computer stolen, Printrun doesn't work on new one. Help would be appreciated.
October 23, 2014 11:06AM
What type of printer/electronics board are you running? Do you see the correct COM port in the ports section of pronterface? Have you installed the proper drivers for your board?
Re: Computer stolen, Printrun doesn't work on new one. Help would be appreciated.
October 23, 2014 12:02PM
It sounds like he isn't able to run the program at all.

@OP - try running pronterface from the command line and see if you get any error messages.
October 23, 2014 04:28PM
ahhhh I read it incorrectly, my bad!
October 23, 2014 04:41PM
did you try the ready to run versions here [koti.kapsi.fi] (actually i see that you have)
which should be included in the ready to run downloads.
my bet is you need the py serial library [sourceforge.net]

what version of python have you downloaded? are you using the installer? i would try 2.7.8

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2014 04:55PM by jamesdanielv.
October 23, 2014 07:00PM
did your old PC run windows 8? are you an administrator? you may not be able to run unsigned executables like pronterface.
not sure how Win 8 works with this
October 23, 2014 09:47PM
Thanks for the advice everyone! I really appreciate it. I'm curently trying with python 2.7.8.

My old PC ran on windows 7 so that may be it, but I am running as the administrator and the confusing part is that Skeinforge works just fine.

I tried running from the command line and I attached what I got. I feel like it has got to be somewhat obvious- also has anyone installed pyglet 1.1.4 for python 2.7.8? I'm not sure how to do it. I thought I did but if anyone could explain it quick I could check.

Thank you all again.
Attachments:
open | download - Capture.PNG (36.3 KB)
October 29, 2014 12:55AM
You are on Win8?

If works fine as admin, please check the privilege.

Or you can install a virtual machine to try win7.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login