Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anybody have experience with Sense 3D scanner

Posted by tmorris9 
Anybody have experience with Sense 3D scanner
October 30, 2014 10:56PM
I am at a point where I would like to have a sub $1k scanner. Wondering if anybody here has actually used the Sense scanner and what they think. Willing to hear good stuff about other scanners as well.

One thing I noticed in reviews was that people say the support sucks. They say that getting help is just about non existent.

I need to scan parts a little bigger than an average TV remote. I 'want' to scan peoples busts.
Re: Anybody have experience with Sense 3D scanner
October 31, 2014 06:09AM
there is a review of the sense 3d scanner on the ben heck you tube channel.. It is not very promising and you end up making a rig to make it work
November 01, 2014 04:43PM
Matter Form 3D scanner is 600€ [matterandform.net]

I was interested too, but at the end it seems you get millions of polys (so you need a good computer to handle it) and coarse surface although you are scanning something smooth.

I think home 3D scanner is not ready for us.
Professional ones are two expensive.

See differences at [www.david-3d.com] (scroll down to "comparision" to see both scanners). I suggest to search a bit, because 3D models on that page are awesome, but may be you get different results (mostcase worst) that you see.
November 01, 2014 09:05PM
Read and try 123D catch from Autodesk, still complicated as hell, but you don't need to waste money on the scanner.
November 02, 2014 01:36PM
123d catch is fine for playing around though. Not good for details and measurement
November 02, 2014 06:15PM
Thanks. I have come to the conclusion that a good cheap scanner is not here yet.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login