Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Jogging or manual controlling ramps 1.4 with marlin?

Posted by tm america 
Jogging or manual controlling ramps 1.4 with marlin?
October 31, 2014 05:31PM
I think i seen somewhere that someone was running a wii controlller to jog their machine?wondering if there would be a way to make it able to be jogged with the arrow and pag up page down keys on the key board?..On my machines with a tb6560 controller i run a mini wireless keyboard to jog and conrol the machine .. This works out awsome just need to be able to do it with ramps 1.4 -marlin firmware?i can manually jog with repetier host software but the buttons are easy to mess up and click on the 50mm instead of the 10mm. Not to mention being tied to the machine which a cord?
Re: Jogging or manual controlling ramps 1.4 with marlin?
October 31, 2014 05:59PM
This is a two part problem. Get Repetier to let you jog with keyboard input, then get a wiimote to generate keypresses.

First part.

[github.com]

Enables keyboard control of the machine.

Second part.

Google comes up with two programs, WiinRemote and glovePIE.
October 31, 2014 07:23PM
Cool that looks like it will work nicely..thanks again.
October 31, 2014 07:30PM
I probably wont need the seccond two things i will most likely run it will my mini wireless keyboard.And it is alot cheaper than a wii controller .The mini keyboard was around 13 bucks delivered to my door.I found a nice one with the arrow keys and big page up and page down buttons.. Plus i like to be able to do all the controls from there if i am using it
October 31, 2014 10:26PM
I tried to install the cnc plugin and didn't have any luck..i even tried removing and reinstalling the repetier host but no luck it looks like it is not unblocking it .. But i can't tell for sure
November 01, 2014 04:28AM
Tried the same thing with W7/X64 but no luck neither, does not show up and no errors logged with RH 1.06.
File is installed in plugins and deblocked (...plugins\CncPlugin\CncPlugin.dll)

Correction:
When I switched error logging this came up during start of RH:
09:26:01.207 : Plugin CncPlugin.CncPlugin:Method 'get_Associated3DView' in type 'CncPlugin.CncControl' from assembly 'CncPlugin, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' does not have an implementation.
Do not know how to get around this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2014 04:43AM by justcurious.
November 01, 2014 07:16AM
Host 1.0.x needs some new methods. So you need to update the plugin for 1.0. I'm quite sure I had a discussion with him about the missing methods so the update should be in his github.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
November 01, 2014 07:33AM
Well , I downloaded the latest (I think) from github, that was the one not working, so dll may not be updated then?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2014 07:43AM by justcurious.
November 01, 2014 07:42AM
From the date it might be the case. See

http://forums.reprap.org/read.php?267,390307,390868#msg-390868

for the line missing and add it.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
November 01, 2014 07:51AM
Thankyou for explaining, but I do not have any sw environment for creating a new dll, nor the knowledge :-(.
I think that a workaround may be suggested in github issues in sept, but that would not help me.
November 01, 2014 06:18PM
i updated repetier to 1.6 and unblocked the plugin befor installing it to repetier but it still doesn't work.when i go into properties in repetier it shows like it is unblocked and the securities show it being able to execute but it still doesnt show up when i open the repetier host?is it the plugin that needs updated or to use a newer version of the plugin?
November 01, 2014 06:26PM
The repetier plugin API has been updated and isn't backwards compatible. The plugin hasn't been updated, but there's a PR on github with the source for one that has. Grab visual studio express and you should be able to compile an updated binary.
November 02, 2014 03:48AM
CncPlugin.dll has now been updated by the developer and can be downloaded from Github, remember to unblock before use. :-)
February 17, 2015 07:38PM
i am finally getting back to working on this issue.Does anyone have the link to the updated plug in on github?
February 18, 2015 04:59PM
September 28, 2015 12:23PM
I must be missing something I still am unable to get this to work I am currently trying to install the cnc plug in on repetier host v1.5.6 ..I copy and pasted the dll file to repetier host in the program files and under plug ins in program files it was not locked..The computer I am trying this with is a win8.1 I will try it on my win 7 computer if it will fix the issue?Has anyone had luck installing the cnc plug in lately?
VDX
September 28, 2015 01:48PM
... my wife and me are modifying/reprogramming Pronterface with Marlin4Due as firmware for paste-dispensing.

Here the activation of the cursor-keys (and other keys for special functions not listed here) was made in the "xybuttons.py" essentially with:

def OnTopLevelKey(self, evt):
self.SetFocus()
if not self.enabled:
return
if self.keypad_idx >= 0:
if evt.GetKeyCode() == wx.WXK_TAB:
self.setKeypadIndex(self.cycleKeypadIndex())
elif evt.GetKeyCode() == wx.WXK_UP:
self.quadrant = 1
elif evt.GetKeyCode() == wx.WXK_DOWN:
self.quadrant = 3
elif evt.GetKeyCode() == wx.WXK_LEFT:
self.quadrant = 2
elif evt.GetKeyCode() == wx.WXK_RIGHT:
self.quadrant = 0
else:
evt.Skip()
return

if self.moveCallback:
self.concentric = self.keypad_idx
x, y = self.getMovement()
self.moveCallback(x, y)

elif evt.GetKeyCode() == wx.WXK_SPACE:
self.spacebarCallback()

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
September 28, 2015 02:27PM
I tried using pronterface for my machines but it will not work as i am using them for cnc plasma cutting and proterface doesn't send the commands unless it sees layers.. So since the total extrusion is 0 for my applications it doesn't send the gcode to the machine
VDX
September 28, 2015 04:38PM
... yes, I've modified Pronterface, so it can dispense pads (different to extruding) or paths (same as extruding) or manually teach pads, lines and arcs with an attached camera -- but this is for a special project with specific plugins for exchanging Gerber- and CNC-files ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

September 28, 2015 05:15PM
Viktor you are right inline with what i am looking to do.. i was wanting at add a scanning feature to repetier similar to scannything that uses a webcam or usb microscope....Right now i need to get the keyboard jogging working so i can use a mini wireless keyboard to jog the machine
VDX
September 28, 2015 05:38PM
AFAIK pronterface has the keyboard functionality already embedded - should be active, when you select the "Mini" controls mode ... didn't test it yet.

I need this in normal mode, so we've hooked the keypress event to the main application with the normal key-binding, but catching it on toplevel of the pronterface window, instead of only on the active widget level.

Look into "xybuttons.py" and "zbuttons.py" for the standard bindings and invocations.

Here are my actual bindings for the mouse events and cursor keys (in combination with the previous posted code-sniplet) in "xybuttons.py":

# Set up mouse and keyboard event capture
self.Bind(wx.EVT_LEFT_DOWN, self.OnLeftDown)
self.Bind(wx.EVT_LEFT_DCLICK, self.OnLeftDown)
self.Bind(wx.EVT_MOTION, self.OnMotion)
self.Bind(wx.EVT_LEAVE_WINDOW, self.OnLeaveWindow)
#self.Bind(wx.EVT_KEY_UP, self.OnKey)
wx.GetTopLevelParent(self).Bind(wx.EVT_CHAR_HOOK, self.OnTopLevelKey)

The processed code for the bindings is in "pronterface.py" - but this is part of the very special application ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2015 05:41PM by VDX.

Viktor
--------

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login