Did I fry my board?
November 09, 2014 03:27PM
Hi All,

I'd been printing on my Prusa i2 (This kit) for a few days now when I made a noob mistake. I used a metal screwdriver to nudge in the endstop pins on
my 1.4 RAMPS board. Windows and Linux Mint computers both recognize the board (Sprinter+Arduino) without the power supply plugged in. As soon as I attach the power supply though,
no connection. This is the Pronterface dialogue:

"Connecting...
Sprinter
1.3.22T / 20.08.2012
start
Printer is now online.
SD Start
SD init fail
Soft PWM Init
Planner Init
Stepper Timer init
Free Ram: 4152
Plan Buffer Size:1152 / 16
ok T:0 @:0 B:0

// I connect the power source

Can't write to printer (disconnected?)."

Help sad smiley
Re: Did I fry my board?
November 09, 2014 05:39PM
I think you blew the voltage regulator on the 'mega. Remove D1 from the RAMPS and it should work.
November 09, 2014 06:32PM
Hi Andrew,

I checked the Wiki on Ramps and am not so sure I know where the D1 Diode is. I found the image on that site ambiguous. Here is a picture of my board after I removed most of the connections. I see a component labeled "D2" (gray cylinder right of F1 and F2 Yellow, square components). But don't know where is D1 is.

Thanks!
Adam
Attachments:
open | download - IMAG0339.jpg (536.9 KB)
November 09, 2014 06:41PM
ArcaneJunzi
Hi Andrew,

I checked the Wiki on Ramps and am not so sure I know where the D1 Diode is. I found the image on that site ambiguous. Here is a picture of my board after I removed most of the connections. I see a component labeled "D2" (gray cylinder right of F1 and F2 Yellow, square components). But don't know where is D1 is.

Thanks!
Adam

Hi, you can find it here

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
November 09, 2014 08:23PM
I found the D1 diode and disconnected it. Do I need to replace it? Hooked back up the power, the x-motor and the heating bed as readouts with the D1 removed. Still getting the same error message.

Adam
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login