Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prusa i3

Posted by Tibuck 
Prusa i3
November 13, 2014 05:03PM
Hello Everyone, Im new to the reprap world and ready to jump in with both feet. My big question is where can I get my hands on a prusa I3 frame with upgrades(including heat bed plate) file in pdf with actual measurements so I can get a price quote from my local aluminium cuter. I have found the same one as everyone else has on thingiverse but it does not include measurements there for I can t get a proper price quote. Thank you everyone im sure this question came up many many times.
Re: Prusa i3
November 13, 2014 09:20PM
PDF? I'd have thought you'd want a DXF, which you can find in the prusa github. I have no idea which version is the latest, my first guess would be this one:
[github.com]
November 13, 2014 09:49PM
Those DXF files are done so they can be directly processed into G-code for a CNC laser cutter. It means only the geometry to be cut should be in the file and nothing else, or it would require manual clean-up by an operator. For this reason you are not going to find PDFs or DXFs with dimensioned parts. You will need to do that yourself which is pretty easy to do. There are many CAD programs which can edit DXF files, such as LibreCAD (open source), QCAD (open source and commercial) or DraftSight (free for personal use).
November 15, 2014 09:23AM
Thanks guys for the replies, I did find a pdf and dxf, the reason behind the “pdf” was simply to have measurements for a proper price quote.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login