Generation 3 electronics HELP!
April 23, 2010 12:38PM
We are building the mendel using generation 3 electronics. We're running on Windows xp and using replicatorg. When we open replicatorg and set the driver to cupcake CNC, we get the following message:

Loading machine: Cupcake CNC

loading simulator

Loading driver: replicatorg.drivers.gen3.Sanguino3GDriver
WARNING: RXTX Version mismatch
Jar version = RXTX-2.2pre1
native lib Version = RXTX-2.2pre2
Reset.

Read timed out.
Timeout.
Read timed out.
Timeout.

No connection; trying to pulse RTS to reset device.

Read timed out.
Timeout.

Unable to connect to firmware.

We downloaded the RXTX-2.2pre2 zip file and opened it up, but can't find the proper .jar file it speaks of, nor can we find the old one that replicatorg says it has.

Any suggestions!?!?!?

Thanks
Re: Generation 3 electronics HELP!
April 26, 2010 01:09PM
The minor mismatch in RXTX versions should not cause a problem (at least it doesn't on my MacBook Pro).

It looks to me like either you have not selected the serial port that corresponds to the USB-to-TTL-Serial cable OR the cable is bad OR the cable is plugged in incorrectly (should be GREEN on the right and BLACK on the left).

Double-check all that the try to upload fresh firmware to the Motherboard. I find that a temporary jumper across the "Auto-Reset Enable" holes will let the host reset the Motherboard at the right time. You'll find the holes near the right (GREEN) pin of the TTL Serial pins. I bend a small paperclip into a 'U' and stick the ends in the holes.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login