Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Lost: Extruder for McWire RepStrap

Posted by larsrc 
Lost: Extruder for McWire RepStrap
April 24, 2010 02:25AM
I turn my back for a moment (well, a couple months, in fact), and everything on the wiki moves around. I'm getting further along with my McWire RepStrap (Z stage almost ready), but when I went looking for an extruder, the normal McWire page that gave suggestions for every part is gone. Has it moved somewhere where I can't find it? What is the most common/simple/well-tested extruder for McWire?

Until that comees through, I'll just have to Dremel things into little piecessmiling smiley

Thanks in advance,
-Lars
Re: Lost: Extruder for McWire RepStrap
April 25, 2010 02:17AM
Was it one of these?

[reprap.org]

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
April 26, 2010 10:46AM
I'm pretty sure it was a link to the Mk II Extruder, but I would recommend making something from here Category:Extruders or the Thermoplast Extruder 2.0. I made the 2.0 out of a block of oak (mdf didn't work very well) and used it to extruder all the Mendel parts with my McWire.

Sebastien, is there a reason that ThermoplastExtruder_2_0 and Mendel_extruder are not on the Category:Extruders page?

It looked like this, but now it has been scavenged for the Mendel.

I would suggest a belt drive on the McWire, or at least larger leadscrews, 1/4-20 is far too slow and has a max movement speed of ~6mm/s.

----
[www.binaryconstruct.com]
April 26, 2010 01:44PM
Sebastien, is there a reason that ThermoplastExtruder_2_0 and Mendel_extruder are not on the Category:Extruders page?

Added. Thanks.

Normally people can log in and edit the page, adding [[Category:Extruders]] to the bottom, which will add the page to that Category.

In this case, Adrian's locked down some pages pretty hard, and I still need to unlock them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2010 01:46PM by SebastienBailard.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
April 30, 2010 03:10AM
Yes, this one: [reprap.org]

Thank you!

-Lars
April 30, 2010 03:39AM
Good luck with McWire. Many people find it deeply frustrating, so we're replacing it at some point:

[reprap.org]
or similar.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login