Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

update on alternate systems

Posted by ohiomike 
update on alternate systems
August 16, 2007 12:57PM
I am attaching a copy of the email I got from rapid pro. A commercial software package costs $1595 and the cheapest I have found the 24" cutter was $700. Thats $2300 for a NEW manual rapid prototyper. Assuming 100% material usage the cost per in^3 was $0.10 but of course we might get a quarter of that considering this is an reductive prototyper not an additive one. Still at 50in^3 and assuming 20% material efficeny thats only $25 in materials for a full Darwin.

They are using self adhesive cardstock to make a wood like laminate so stiffness and strength shouldnt be major issues.

Mike
The thoughts and ideas expressed in this post do not reflect those of my employer and are intended only as communications between individuals. Any attempts at implement are at your own risk

Attachment:

I understand that you recently inquired about the Boxford Rapid Pro software. I am the US distributor for Boxford and I will be taking care of your request.

The commercial cost of the software is $1595. The software uses a standard vinyl sign cutter to cut sheets of laminated card stock that have an adhesive backing. The software essentially slices your model and creates cross sections based on the material thickness. These cross sections are sent to the vinyl cutter and are oriented on the sheet from the first to last section. Each section has 2 registration holes near the top and you

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2007 09:07PM by ohiomike.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login