Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Motors only move in 1 direction

Posted by projecti3 
Motors only move in 1 direction
November 30, 2014 11:14PM
Hi all,

I purchased a Prusa i3 from Replikeo.com and we got everything hooked up but we ran into some issues:

1. All X,Y and Z stepper motors only move in 1 direction (i.e. moves 1 way when I press + and not move (or make a short weird noise when I press -).

I'm using the following programs:

1. Protonface
2. Sprinter

Any suggestions? Please help. Thank you!

P.S. I switched one of the end stop wiring when I was debugging it and when I activated the end stop something smoked. Any idea what that may be and if I have to replace anything? Thank you!
Re: Motors only move in 1 direction
December 01, 2014 03:18AM
Sounds like an endstop issue. Try disabling endstops in firmware to see if that will make a difference.
December 02, 2014 01:28PM
Yep. I had the same problem before. You need to invert the logic of the endstop
December 02, 2014 04:20PM
The smoke probably came from the switch if you had it shorting the power rails due to miswiring.
You may find that the switch is now welded closed or generally unreliable. If the smoke came from the electronics then you may have bigger problems!

The M119 command is your friend, it will report back the state of the end stops. Make sure that the readings are true so that the correct end stop shows triggered when you activate the relevant switch. Homing won't have a chance of working until you get that sorted out.

Cheers,
Robin.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login