Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Any printer suggestions?

Posted by JasperCocquyt 
Any printer suggestions?
December 09, 2014 03:56PM
Hello everyone,
i want to buy my first 3d-printer. i have worked with some in school and i am bitten by the techology. I have a budget from around the 1000EUR.
Do you guys have any suggestions or tips for me when buying a printer. I not mind if it's a DIY kit. The one we have at school is a Velleman K8200 witch is a good one i think.
But maybe there is more?
Let me know please
Thank you all!
Re: Any printer suggestions?
December 10, 2014 04:19PM
Hello,
it's thousands of models out there and it's hard to say which you would be more happy with. Have a look at [reprap.org]. Search around and read about all the models you can find. Choose the one you like the best winking smiley If I listed my favourites and why I like them, this post would be very long.

I chose my first printer from what "looked the most cool", chose a really mediocre printer (as it turned out) and had good fun for a long time with it.

torbjornludvigsen.com
December 11, 2014 04:18AM
This is the first one I built:
[forums.reprap.org]
I later built this one:
[www.think3dprint3d.com]
I can recommend both - build instructions are detailed with great customer support.
December 11, 2014 10:42AM
When i chose my first starter pokemon in the late 90's i went for looks, after ignoring bias opinions about the choice i was about to make
Although you only got 3 choices. There were many you could upgrade to During the game.

Now to bring this childhood lesson back to reality. With your easier question.

Start Small, learn the technology, understand how it works and how you want to use it, and then upgrade accordingly.

You may start with a Prusa i3 for up.to $500 and move to a CoreXY.and save your money in the mean while.
Prusa i3 rework has lots of documention and easy implementation of firmware.

Peace.
December 11, 2014 12:32PM
There are a lot of great kits available for 1000€ budget. Are you Belgian or Dutch by any chance (guessing by your name)? In the Netherlands there are a few shops that sell good kits, this would be quite cheap for you to have shipped to Belgium I assume.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2014 12:32PM by Ohmarinus.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
December 11, 2014 12:47PM
Yes i am from belgium smiling smiley and i know a few shops here but they don't have such a big gamma of different ones.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login