Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Makerfaire Detroit/New york: Is anyone planning/thinking on going?hot smiley

Posted by Mdbaughman2 
Makerfaire Detroit/New york: Is anyone planning/thinking on going?hot smiley
May 02, 2010 05:24AM
I was looking at the list of people going to Makerfaire in San Mateo and wish I could go... I'd like to but it don't look like its going to happen...

So I was wondering who if anybody is planning to go to MakerFaire in Detroit or to the World MakerFaire in New York? If so which do you plan on going to?

Its because think I might be able to make it to one of other MakerFaire's....

- Mdbaughman2
---------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: After discussion, we've decided to move this thread to a brand new mailing list :
http://lists.reprap.org/pipermail/nyc-makerfaire/
-Sebastien Bailard
END_EDIT.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2010 07:33PM by SebastienBailard.
Re: Makerfaire Detroit/New york: Is anyone planning on going?hot smiley
May 02, 2010 08:21PM
That sounds pretty cool actually. The train ride to the NYC one might be worth it for me. I have always wanted to go to one of these, but they haven't been local enough.
May 02, 2010 09:53PM
I know Michigan RUG is doing a booth for MakerFaire-Detroit. smiling smiley

I may try to go down from Ottawa to NYC to help out at the local NYC RUG's booth; dunno if anything is planned yet.

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
May 02, 2010 10:08PM
Awesome!!!! THats 2!!! LOLsmileys with beer plus the RUG's I'm sure!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2010 10:10PM by Mdbaughman2.
Re: Makerfaire Detroit/New york: Is anyone planning/thinking on going?hot smiley
May 22, 2010 05:36PM
We have decided our long term goal is to go to World Maker Faire with 3 mini Mendels and at least 1 Mendel. We are in central Nassau on Long Island so we haven't really participated in the NYC RUG. Is anything planned, because we might put in for an exhibit booth.
Re: Makerfaire Detroit/New york: Is anyone planning/thinking on going?hot smiley
May 24, 2010 02:52AM
Is anything planned, because we might put in for an exhibit booth.

NYC RUG is setting up a booth.

I just helped run the booth for SF Maker Faire six hours ago, so I'm feeling perky. We had 10 machines and 15 people. grinning smiley

I think we'll have some of the same bay-area folk come out for Maker Faire, and Rob Gilson, Andrew Plumb, and I will come down from Ottawa.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2010 02:55AM by SebastienBailard.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
May 24, 2010 10:58AM
SebastienBailard Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is anything planned, because we might put in for
> an exhibit booth.
>
> NYC RUG is setting up a booth.
>
> I just helped run the booth for SF Maker Faire six
> hours ago, so I'm feeling perky. We had 10
> machines and 15 people. grinning smiley
>
> I think we'll have some of the same bay-area folk
> come out for Maker Faire, and Rob Gilson, Andrew
> Plumb, and I will come down from Ottawa.

Alright sounds good. I get my license in August so we will probably get to head
out to NYC then. That means we should get one meeting to coordinate everything. By the way, that is a pretty awesome turnout!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2010 11:00AM by tesla893.
July 31, 2010 02:06AM
SebastienBailard Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think we'll have at least 3 people from the
> Frozen North. (Ottawa)
>
> Do you have your application in?
>
> You'll probably want a 10x30 booth, with a 10x10
> Commercial-zoned sub-booth. Folk who are selling
> stuff will split the $389 fee for the
> commercial-zoned sub-booth. I'll have a better
> sense of our needs Sunday evening, after the Bay
> Area Maker Faire.
>
> I think we should have a post on the main blog up
> around early to mid july.

^^^
Alright, so I figured I would bump this thread to get some action going. I am 90% done with my RepRap (Isaac). I have all the hardware and working electronics. I am just waiting for the actual Isaac parts to get here. Once Isaac is working I am going to start printing a mini Mendel so we can show the various forms Mendel is taking. I am also going to see if I can volunteer as well as aid in running a booth. Something tells me it is going to be crowded and hot. I am psyched for this.

-Steve
August 02, 2010 04:13PM
I was at least throwing around the idea of trying to get a table or two for a "3d printing village" space. I can probably bring a MakerBot and a Mendel, and I think I can find a few more people with MakerBots as well. The NYC area forum here seems to be real quiet considering the show is coming up fast.

Hell, get enough people and we could all print a sheet or two of Mini Mendel from Spacexula's files and give a set away as a prize to someone at the show.
August 04, 2010 12:09AM
Ok -- to keep the momentum I've applied for 2 exhibit spaces for a '3D Printer Village' -- I've requested power and internet connectivity, and we could potentially get free admission for anyone who can bring a printer to the Faire.

If it gets approved I'll post back here and we can see who can bring what to the event. I think approvals go out by 8/15.
August 06, 2010 04:52PM
The 3D Printer Village is GO! I got approval today. I posted some details here: [forums.reprap.org]

And I'm tracking more info here as we get it: [3dprintervillage.posterous.com]
August 07, 2010 08:16PM
[reprap.org]

I couldn't figure out how to comment on posterous, so I made this.

BTW, I am in Hicksville, and live pretty close to the train station, but I don't think taking the train would work very well. I could probably drive, but if that is the case, my parents would make me go alone.

-Steve
August 08, 2010 07:30PM
After discussion, we've decided to move this thread to a brand new mailing list :
http://lists.reprap.org/pipermail/nyc-makerfaire/

I love creating mailing lists.
smiling bouncing smileysmileys with beersmiling bouncing smileysmileys with beersmiling bouncing smileysmileys with beersmiling bouncing smileysmileys with beersmiling bouncing smileysmileys with beersmiling bouncing smileysmileys with beersmiling bouncing smileysmileys with beersmiling bouncing smileysmileys with beersmiling bouncing smileysmileys with beer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login