Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is my limit switch (End Stop) Fauty?

Posted by parksie 
Is my limit switch (End Stop) Fauty?
December 17, 2014 05:19PM
Hi,

I have a Y Axis Limit switch plugged into the Y Min PINS on the RAMPS 1.4 board, when I trip the switch manually it doesn't register when I run M119, however my other switched do.

Any suggestions?
Re: Is my limit switch (End Stop) Fauty?
December 17, 2014 09:18PM
Well, you could try disconnecting the "Y" end stop plug from the ramps board then just short the S and - pins together ( don't touch the + pin for gawds sake) - this is the same as what the switch does anyway. If it works on M119 then your problem is the switch. If it still does not register, then it may be the connection between the Ramps and the Arduino - try separating them then refitting. Also, check for continuity between the Ramps end stop pins and the Arduino.

December 18, 2014 02:59AM
waitaki
Well, you could try disconnecting the "Y" end stop plug from the ramps board then just short the S and - pins together ( don't touch the + pin for gawds sake) - this is the same as what the switch does anyway. If it works on M119 then your problem is the switch. If it still does not register, then it may be the connection between the Ramps and the Arduino - try separating them then refitting. Also, check for continuity between the Ramps end stop pins and the Arduino.

Cheers. I tried your suggestion and a few others, but it turned out to be an issue with the RAMPS board. I just changed pin.h and set the X Max to the Y Min. All working now.

Cheers.
Re: Is my limit switch (End Stop) Fauty?
December 19, 2014 10:13AM
Might want to document or mark the input as bad, so you don't repeat this months from now....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login