Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printer by Picture List

Posted by tjb1 
Printer by Picture List
December 20, 2014 11:35PM
I've added a wiki page to make it easier to find what printer to build. It has 1 good picture of each printer, link to page and some other useful information to sort by. If anyone good with wiki editing would like to help that would be great, right now I've taken every printer from the Reprap Options page and just dumped them. I'd like to eventually sort them by cartesian, delta, special, etc.

[reprap.org]
Re: Printer by Picture List
December 21, 2014 07:36PM
Hey thanks for posting this!! I'm somewhat new to 3d printing, and this really helps to see what else is out there.

Thanks again!
December 22, 2014 06:35AM
Hey, great work smiling smiley the MendelMax 1.5 is missing though (has Z-motors on bottom instead of on top vertex).

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
December 22, 2014 08:29AM
Ohmarinus
Hey, great work smiling smiley the MendelMax 1.5 is missing though (has Z-motors on bottom instead of on top vertex).

Do you know of any other pages that have a large amount of printers on them? Also, I don't see a page for the 1.5. Just the MendelMax page which claims to be for 1.X but does not have the modification.

Please add your printer design to [reprap.org]
December 22, 2014 11:07AM
tjb1
Ohmarinus

Do you know of any other pages that have a large amount of printers on them? Also, I don't see a page for the 1.5. Just the MendelMax page which claims to be for 1.X but does not have the modification.

I'm sorry for the confusion, the MendelMax 1.5 can be found here -> [www.thingiverse.com]

I just thought that in-between the MendelMax and the MendelMax 2.0, the 1.5 version also deserved a spot, but as it's not in the wiki, I understand your choice.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2014 11:07AM by Ohmarinus.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
December 22, 2014 11:23AM
Ohmarinus
tjb1
Ohmarinus

I'm sorry for the confusion, the MendelMax 1.5 can be found here -> [www.thingiverse.com]

I just thought that in-between the MendelMax and the MendelMax 2.0, the 1.5 version also deserved a spot, but as it's not in the wiki, I understand your choice.

That's fine to add, I don't care where the source goes to I just wanted a list so someone can easily look at a picture and find what they want. Also a lot of the table needs updated and unfortunately its slow going since wiki editing is terrible.

Any input on column choices before it gets too big to make changes? I notice someone in the discussion mentioned combining X, Y and Z but then you lose the ability to sort by axis size.

Cost has also been debated, I don't know if they should all be converted to USD to put them all on the same scale to allow sorting by estimated cost. For the few that were in Euros/Pounds that I did, I just did a currency conversion but I know that could be way off at times.

Please add your printer design to [reprap.org]
December 22, 2014 06:50PM
tjb1
Ohmarinus
tjb1
Ohmarinus

That's fine to add, I don't care where the source goes to I just wanted a list so someone can easily look at a picture and find what they want. Also a lot of the table needs updated and unfortunately its slow going since wiki editing is terrible.

Any input on column choices before it gets too big to make changes? I notice someone in the discussion mentioned combining X, Y and Z but then you lose the ability to sort by axis size.

Cost has also been debated, I don't know if they should all be converted to USD to put them all on the same scale to allow sorting by estimated cost. For the few that were in Euros/Pounds that I did, I just did a currency conversion but I know that could be way off at times.

i would omit cost alltogether as they change regardless of the currency, simply because the vendors don't maintain them and they are invalid pretty quick the moment the exchange rates change

-=( blog )=- -=( thingiverse )=- -=( 3Dindustries )=- -=( Aluhotend - mostly metal hotend)=--=( Facebook )=-

December 23, 2014 05:40PM
While I applaud the idea, I do believe the main wiki Reprap Options page does a pretty good job of this and is the 2nd link down on the main page (Build a Reprap).

[reprap.org]

Am I missing something or does that page not list the majority of the printers on the wiki under their pictures? That page is what I used when first looking into 3D printing a few months ago.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2014 05:41PM by dclarkm.
December 24, 2014 07:13AM
dclarkm
Am I missing something or does that page not list the majority of the printers on the wiki under their pictures?

Most of the printers on this page were put there by their vendors. It's true, many more designs exist, of various stages of completeness, usefulness, etc. We count some 1000 designs so far, but how useful would a page with 1000 pictures be?

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

December 28, 2014 03:44PM
MendelMax 1.0, 1.5 and 1.5+ are 200x200
MendelMax 2.0 is 245x315
For their release date you could just use the Thingiverse posting date.

I would remove the estimated cost column; cost depends on the quality of the item, your location for the shipping, etc. Same for printed parts, not sure how it helps.
Instead you should rather add the designer URL, be it the official website if any, or Thingiverse/github repository.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2014 03:46PM by MPower.

http://www.i3d.ro
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login