Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problem with hotend assembly on a Prusai3 - Help Needed!

Posted by FLY-FAST 
Problem with hotend assembly on a Prusai3 - Help Needed!
December 28, 2014 03:35PM
I am building a PrusaI3 printer via a kit that I purchased on eBay from a company in China. I am almost finished with the build, but, I just realized that the wire junctions that connect the hotend to it's leads are broken. (I have attached a picture for reference)

I don't think I can simply solder this in place as it will ultimately get too hot and just melt the solder. Can you give me an idea as to how I should resolve this?

Re: Problem with hotend assembly on a Prusai3 - Help Needed!
December 28, 2014 06:33PM
looks like you need a new heater-cartridge , however if it arrived like that i would contact the company and get them to send you a new heater cartridge

-=( blog )=- -=( thingiverse )=- -=( 3Dindustries )=- -=( Aluhotend - mostly metal hotend)=--=( Facebook )=-

December 28, 2014 09:39PM
Hard to tell if there is enough space on the other side for a crimped connection, but that could work too if you don't want to wait for another to be sent from China...
December 29, 2014 12:25AM
you will want a replacement heater cartridge. don't mess with the old cartridge that is damaged. since your not an expert in this kind of setup, i would not repair it. it could void your warranty and possibly damage other components, overheat, or cause fire.

you can order them online if the vendor does not replace it for you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login