Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pronterface connection error- is anyone able to use bluetooth with 8.1?

Posted by SamS 
Pronterface connection error- is anyone able to use bluetooth with 8.1?
January 02, 2015 06:03PM
Hi guys,

I have the latest pronterface finally installed and working but it won't connect to my printer. The interesting part is that I am able to manually connect from the command line by importing serial, but for some reason printerface isn't able to connect at all. I get this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\samks_000\Downloads\Printrun-master\Printrun-master\printrun\pronterface.py", line 1053, in connect
if not self.connect_to_printer(port, baud, self.settings.dtr):
File "C:\Users\samks_000\Downloads\Printrun-master\Printrun-master\printrun\pronsole.py", line 720, in connect_to_printer
self.p.connect(port, baud, dtr)
File "C:\Users\samks_000\Downloads\Printrun-master\Printrun-master\printrun\printcore.py", line 46, in inner
return f(*args, **kw)
File "C:\Users\samks_000\Downloads\Printrun-master\Printrun-master\printrun\printcore.py", line 201, in connect
self.printer.setDTR(dtr);
File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\serial\serialwin32.py", line 305, in setDTR
if not self.hComPort: raise portNotOpenError
ValueError: Attempting to use a port that is not open

So it looks like the error traces back to pyserial, although since it works from the command line I'm really confused. I tried going into the source code and manually setting drt to True and False, but both times the same thing happened except the error said self.printer.setDTR(True); and same for false. This is really bizarre. Anyone have any advice? Thanks.

I'm running windows 8.1 and I installed whichever pyserial/python/etc. are listed under the install instructions on the printrun github. Thanks.

EDIT: Another interesting thing is that when I use the command prompt it takes at least 5-10 seconds to connect, while the pronterface error pops up after only 2-3 seconds. It would appear that something is trying to access the serial port before it's open, or something like that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2015 06:06PM by SamS.
Re: Pronterface connection error- is anyone able to use bluetooth with 8.1?
January 02, 2015 07:36PM
I would not know where to start here. what version of python are you using, is it 2.7, or 3.x.x?,and is serial for the same version, are you using 32bit or 64bit? did you use the windows installer?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2015 07:37PM by jamesdanielv.
Re: Pronterface connection error- is anyone able to use bluetooth with 8.1?
January 03, 2015 12:40PM
It's 2.7, serial is for the same version yes and I used windows installer, except for pyglet which I did manually as it says. Again, I can do it fine through the command prompt so I'm really at a loss here. I think I'm juay going to go back to the precompiled 2011 version until it gets sorted out.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login