Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can anyone tell me what the name of this part is?

Posted by FLY-FAST 
Can anyone tell me what the name of this part is?
January 04, 2015 10:42PM
Hi All. I was wondering if someone can tell me what the name of the part below is. I want to order a couple of replacements so I have them on hand, but, am not sure what it is called:

Many thanks!
Re: Can anyone tell me what the name of this part is?
January 04, 2015 11:39PM
pity bumb
January 05, 2015 04:57AM
Something like that?!

Aluminum Nozzle Chock Tube Fixture Block
[rover.ebay.com]
January 05, 2015 06:54AM
Heater block

January 05, 2015 07:00AM
That's certainly a part not commonly seen in hotend designs. Best idea whould be to look up the sources of this hotend, there you can get a definitive answer.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

January 05, 2015 08:24AM
It's the heatsink block. Attaches to a cooling fan. Inside the threaded rod that goes through the block is a PTFE thermal break, if it is anything like mine. Never had a jam in 2.5 years of use.

Andy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2015 08:26AM by ajayre.
January 05, 2015 01:47PM
Thanks all. It doesn't appear to be any of those though. If someone happens to have this same block in there hotend, could you possibly post a picture of it installed?

Any other clues as to what it may be called?
January 05, 2015 01:52PM
Replacements? You must be pretty rough on your printer if you're damaging it so much you want to have a couple of replacements.

It's a non-standard part. From the looks of it, the amount of time we've spent talking about it is longer than what it would take to just make a duplicate from a square piece of aluminum bar stock.
January 05, 2015 03:25PM
cdru
Replacements? You must be pretty rough on your printer if you're damaging it so much you want to have a couple of replacements.

It's a non-standard part. From the looks of it, the amount of time we've spent talking about it is longer than what it would take to just make a duplicate from a square piece of aluminum bar stock.

LOL

I haven't completed the printer yet, but, this part only costs a few bucks from China, and I figured that I may as well grab a few in case this gets hosed in the future. The one month China weight blows.
January 06, 2015 01:16AM
My Aurora I3 had that very same set up extruder. can't see how you could possibly damage that part.It's well protected by the metal casing it screws to.
The only problem I foresee is stripping the threaded holes for the grub screws,but you can drill those out,and retap with next size up thread.
I have replaced it with a geared extruder,so if you'd like to swim to new zealand,you can have my heater block.grinning smiley.
If I were you,I'd be more concerned about the brass nozzle,I broke mine trying to unscrew it,after it had started leaking.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login